Thread: Spawning saved Trains

Default Spawning saved Trains

Is there a way to spawn saved trains without resetting the world? When you spawn a saved Train from the Load/Save screen, it spawns the train where you originally built it. Right now, I have to build the train, place it where I want, and move on. It would be cool if I could just create a bunch of trains, saved them, then spawn in world from the Train Maker Upper.

You can spawn trains and continue with whatever world you are on. RTS used to use these saved files all the time but always required you going into spawning a train. The TMU is for making trains then once you've made it you can save the train. Make a bunch in the location you want and call them up at any time. If a train is in the way it will tell you and not spawn it.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    It would be cool if I could just create a bunch of trains, saved them, then spawn in world from the Train Maker Upper.
    I have done this. I've got over a hundred trains (lots are saved Depot trains I have run so they have destination/industry tags, etc) all saved at the same location, Lone Pine lead near Mojave. A train can be spawned there any time. Take control of it, save to the consist editor, delete it, then place it anywhere you like. Save it in a world and it won't overwrite the original train, which will always be available for spawning at Lone Pine lead.

Thank you Brad3816 and SurvivorSean. I wanted to save a bunch of trains, but never thought about kind of creating my own spawn points. The game usually has good points for AI trains. However, when I start a game, I kind of want trains be operating around me (simulated). The spawn points work out well for A-Line and WayCross (my favorite region) with their sidings.

I'm at the point in the game where I want my trains to have a purpose. Having a bunch of trains saved is a great starting point.