Thread: usa2 sound

Default usa2 sound

fails to load on new install. usa2moderntrack0ex.smsa very long list of others of the same type ,never before had this problem.
    trying to fix all MSTS to work in OpenRoads .
    bigjohn

Hi John,
    Where have you downloaded the usa2 sounds from and what's the file name.
    I ask because I can only find modtrkv2.zip in the library and the unpacked files do not have the usa2 prefix (they are moderntrack*.sms).

Cheers,
    Ged

>fails to load on new install

How did you find that?
    If its from an OR log file, please attach the log file here.
    Cheers
    Derek

one I don't know where usa2 sounds came from as this was a new install. after another install, MSTS needed usatrack0ex?
    Derek I started MSTS to make sure all routes worked before switching to Openrail later when MSTS work's, also checked routes in roughtriter
    it came back with sound files all in the wrong place for Cascade crossing and usa2

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
    ...I started MSTS to make sure all routes worked before switching to Openrail ...
    Best course of action would be to forget about MSTS and use the Content tab to point OR to your msts content as explained at the beginning of Chapter 5 "Getting Started" in the OR manual. If all your content is in the default MSTS location, OR should find it.

After that, choose a route and run an activity or explore, if you then close OR and check the OR log ( placed by default on the desktop ) you will see any errors or warnings generated by missing equipment or files.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

ok, guy's I took all the info you all have given, OR works and I like it .mSTS is in the past now, all is good.
    Thank You all for helping me
    bigjohn