Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking advice on new desktop

Update: saw in another publication some data regarding the GT730. Functionally, it's about half as good as the latest Intel built-in UHD graphics. So if you want to spend a little more on the CPU, you might want to forego the 730 and get a straight 10400 (or better, 11400 current model - does full 4K display at 60hz from HDMI rather than a 30hz limit in the 10400) with the Intel graphics instead. Then wait for the scalpers to take their attention to something else.

You are right about scalpers Mike. I still can’t get an answer from the company who sold me the faulty GTX1650, when I’m likely to get a replacement, so still running on my old 1050.
    Vern.

I'd like to thank all who took the time to offer advice here.
    The new machine is on order, pretty much as proposed. I'd invest in a better video card, if one were available. I do have the capacity to upgrade, when the time comes, and if necessary.
    Now for the daunting project to re-start the sim (OR/MSTS) from scratch.

AA

Glad you got it sorted. GPU's remain the issue. Finally heard back from the vendor who sold me the faulty GTX1650 - they are sending me "something" close to it as the 1650's are now "end of life", apparently.

Ultimately I'd like to give a RTX2060 a shot in my PC, but not at £400 ($550) which seems to be the going rate currently.
    Vern.