Thread: Does the "Great White Void" affect OpenRails?

Default Does the "Great White Void" affect OpenRails?

G'day all, I have installed "ATSF Needles Sub" and it runs OK except on the "Eastbound" activity it stops running with a notification which is also at the bottom of the log file which is attached. Also it says that there is a "Great White Void (GWV)" as described below, I am not sure but I thought the "GWV" did not affect OpenRails?
    Assistance and advice would be appreciated.

Quote from the information text file.
    "The route has a Great White Void (GWV) located at the Barstow
    Hump Yard Crest. The GWV only shows up when you are running
    eastbound."
    Attached Files Attached Files

No, the GWV does not exist in Open Rails, only in MSTS.

I can't help with your error tho'. Sorry . . . but I did pick this out: ". . . .UpdateAnimation(RenderFrame frame, ElapsedTime elapsedTime) . . . ."
    I understand there is a timer in OR for slow loading of something that should go quicker and it'll throw errors. I have seen a few posts at ET on this subject.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Default Westbound crash.

G'day me again, similar happening on the westbound run but the log file is slightly different. It occures shortly after starting the run.
    Log attached, Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day me again, similar happening on the westbound run but the log file is slightly different. It occures shortly after starting the run.
    Log attached, Regards
    Barrie
    Hi Barrie, took a look at the log, noticed that "Data Log Performance" was set to TRUE...change that to false. Options tab\Data Logger
    uncheck "Log Performance" ... this alone will stop OR loading if a machine doesn't have enough CPU to handle slow loading.

Also Distant Mountains set to True...while I'm not sure this will help, set this to false. Options Tab\Video = uncheck Distant Mountains Box.
    Vince is spot on about the MSTS GWV -- does not affect OR.
    Cheers, Gerry
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

G'day Vince and Gerry, had similar issues with both activities tried suggested fixes and same result, so I have scrapped the activities and ran the player consists and paths used in each activity without any problem, I am therefore satisfied that the issue was within the activities.
    Thanks for your assistance.
    Regards
    Barrie

It appears that there is a locomotive (either of an AI train or a static consist) that causes this problem. It would be interesting to understand which one, but this requires trying removing AI trains one after the other.

G'day all, I have begun a test as this issue I have been getting was not present some weeks ago, I have setup an install useing an older version (aproximately 1 month old) and installed one of the routes I was having this issue with.

I have run the Eastbound and Westbound activities with NO issues, I plan to put some more of the routes and see what happens but it seems that there is an issue in the newer versions of OR and MSTS files.

I have attached the logs for the two runs on the ATSF Needles Sub, the missing textures have been rectified.

Regards
    Barrie

G'day all, I have done further testing on the "ATSF Emporia Sub" with no issues, I will continue to test using some of the other routes, once I am sure there are no issues with this build I will try later builds untill the issue appears.
    Build number U2021.05.12-1906 is currently being tested.
    regards
    Barrie

G'day all, I have tested 5 more routes/activities and all go well, I will upgrade and test until I find the start of the issue I was having.
    regards
    Barrie