Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tehachapi...

The Tehachapi Route was released today.

Thanks, Derick.

Yes......it has received lots of thumbs-up for the splendour of the route itself but many thumbs-down for the recycled locomotives & 'stock and luke-warm scenarios.

And at AUS$56 for 70 miles of beautiful landscape yet re-hashed equipment, I think I'll wait for Marc's version and in the meantime Run 8 provides ample operating opportunities.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I watched a couple of videos people made of the route. The headlights and ditch lights shine better on a couple of the four locomotives. The horn on the SD70ACe is still thumbs down. And yes I agree, with late model routes and payware at that, they could update the rolling stock. I think I expexted more from the landscape in some places. I'm okay with it in some places but in others, not as impressive as some of the other routes. I have Marcs version and the MSTS Addon version. I was expecting a little more. I will hold off from buying right now.

This is a nice offering and well worth the money to get a "finished' route for TS. For all the usual bitching and whining about the rolling stock the route itself is very nice and I rarely run the stock rolling stock anyway so I don't care a whole lot about it. Never been there and probably never will be so I have no license to complain about a particular building not being there but then those from Kalifornia have to be excused since after all they are from there and that says a lot about a lot of things. All in all this is a buy for me just for the challenges of running a long train over it.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz456 View Post
    This is ........well worth the money to get a "finished' route for TS.
    It may well be, to some.
    But for others, it is typical DTG price-gouging.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

How do the stock locos and consists perform on the hill? Is it flat out Notch 8 as it should be, or are with in similar domain to previous mountain routes where you cruise uphill in Notch 2 or 3?

TBH I'm still too engrossed in Snowrunner (just bought my first Pacific P12) to even give this a second look, at present anyway.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz456 View Post
    This is a nice offering and well worth the money to get a "finished' route for TS. For all the usual bitching and whining about the rolling stock the route itself is very nice and I rarely run the stock rolling stock anyway so I don't care a whole lot about it. Never been there and probably never will be so I have no license to complain about a particular building not being there but then those from Kalifornia have to be excused since after all they are from there and that says a lot about a lot of things. All in all this is a buy for me just for the challenges of running a long train over it.
    Thing is Buzz, even Marc's beta is BETTER than the DTG version which is called a "complete?" route. Marc's finished route will more than likely outshine DTG's and will have buildings and scenery unique to the area instead of the same old recycled DTG stuff. If one is going to do a route of a certain region, then get it right and as close as you can. Don't shortcut like DTG does on their routes.

Full power out of Mojave and up the 2.2% & 1.8% gradient Vern with speed dropping off.
    Yma O Hyd

Mike, is that with the new loco that forms part of the package (I think it's a new one) or with the older stuff?

Now you are asking Bruce

UP AC4400CW, scenario = Higher Priority Part 1

Only scenario i have run so far buddy, no BNSF stuff as yet.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd