Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tehachapi...

Only quoting uktwonksim, Bruce. Not sure how accurate the info is buddy.
    Yma O Hyd

Yes, looking at those screenshots, that isn't Mark's route, it was doubletrack throughout from memory, no single running anywhere on the layout, and his buildings were handcrafted, some of them were still waiting textures, but, those scenery assets and the terrain textures look like DTG's, similar to what's adorning their Feather River Canyon offering.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Yes, looking at those screenshots, that isn't Mark's route, it was doubletrack throughout from memory, no single running anywhere on the layout, ...e.
    Not correct, Steve.
    Marc has single-track where it is supposed to be located (as does Run 8, incidentally).
    The route between Bakersfield and Mojave has a combination of both.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hasn't there been some double tracking in recent years? Would be a shame if it is presented in the modern era rather than set back in time a few years. Really would reduce the potential interest with fewer meets at passing loops and the associated white knuckle moments getting going again uphill or not SPADing running downhill!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Hasn't there been some double tracking in recent years? ...
    From the screen shots on DTG's article, it would appear that there is still single-track at those locations we have become familiar with in Run 8 and MSTS/Open Rails.

However, I did find this, which goes back a decade...........
    https://www.trainorders.com/discussi....php?1,1511800
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Not correct, Steve.
    Marc has single-track where it is supposed to be located (as does Run 8, incidentally).
    The route between Bakersfield and Mojave has a combination of both.
    I said my memory was going, you've just proved it Bruce, thanks for that.......
    I haven't got the route installed now, so I couldn't check, I'll take your word for it.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Hasn't there been some double tracking in recent years? Would be a shame if it is presented in the modern era rather than set back in time a few years. Really would reduce the potential interest with fewer meets at passing loops and the associated white knuckle moments getting going again uphill or not SPADing running downhill!
    The UP has combined Walong and Marcel together and also Ilmon and Caliente' now as one.
    Work Safe play hard

It's all a bit of a moot point now that Marc has advised that he will be continuing with his project.

I conversed with Marc today and he did inform me that the route is NOT HIS work, in fact DTG never responded to him when he suggested the route!!!!
    Kevin Kelleher

Quote Originally Posted by jbtower View Post
    ....Marc...did inform me that the route is NOT HIS work, .
    Well, I think that was covered in Marc's new thread.