Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: consist editor

Default consist editor

Been away a couple years. Getting back in here. Is there a consist editor for OR?
    Dave Kolbenschlag

TSRE, http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/ has an excelent one.
    Welcome back.

Randy

Got it. Thanks Randy!
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Hello,

New ORTS user here. I have TSRE installed, but when I choose the TRAINS directory it highlights in green but never displays any consists. I know there are .con files in the consists directory.

What am I missing??

Thanks!

Looking forward to getting back into the hobby after giving up on MSTS years ago.
    Santa Fe....All The Way!

The TSRE states "choose folder CONTAINING trains folder"
    which means choosing the train simulator folder, or the folder above trains.
    Cheers
    Derek

Yes, thats exactly what I've done. I have it looking at D:\trainsimfiles\routes. The TRAINS folder is under \routes. As I said, D:\trainsimfiles\routes shows green because it sees TRAINS, but it doesnt pull any of the .CON files into the list.
    Santa Fe....All The Way!

Quote Originally Posted by TJTX View Post
    Yes, thats exactly what I've done. I have it looking at D:\trainsimfiles\routes. The TRAINS folder is under \routes. As I said, D:\trainsimfiles\routes shows green because it sees TRAINS, but it doesnt pull any of the .CON files into the list.

Sounds like you have D:\trainsimfiles\routes as you MSTS/OR install root folder. The MSTS/OR install root folder should have the a minimum of 4 folders GLOBAL, ROUTES, SOUND AND TRAINS. In addition your TRAINS folder should have 2 folders TRAINSET (where the rolling stock is stored in folders) and CONSITS (where the consists are stored in CON files).

It is confusing to have a folder named "routes" as your MSTS/OR root folder as it contains a folder also named "ROUTES".

The TSRE consist editor needs to be pointed to the MSTS/OR install folder to work properly. This root folder is where MSTS installs the file Trains.exe also known as the MSTS executable.
    Charles

Another thought: In the TSRE-CE menu under VIEW is Consists List checked? And if it is is the filter for the Consist list set to "ALL"?
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Another thought: In the TSRE-CE menu under VIEW is Consists List checked? And if it is is the filter for the Consist list set to "ALL"?
    I don't have a TSRE-CE menu. When I click the icon, it runs a Windows batch file, the TSRE program opens and asks you to browse to the proper directory.

I think Im going to track down another download, re-install & see if that helps
    Santa Fe....All The Way!

I don't have a TSRE-CE menu. When I click the icon, it runs a Windows batch file, the TSRE program opens and asks you to browse to the proper directory.
    Thats what its supposed to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFjqpXqyCSc