Thread: Clinchfield SD40s

Default Clinchfield SD40s

Got these in ORTS over the weekend. Probably will put together an upload package pretty soon. Tyler Bundy did a great job with this model, and even made Clinchfield specific mods for me. Comes in 3 Versions, which are represented by numbers 3000 (v1), 3008 (v2), and 3015 (v3). 3015 has been weathered, the other 2 haven't yet as the grey versions tended to get really nasty and I haven't had the heart to do that yet. Ha

Details of the models dates them late 70s/very early 80s.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Weather them if you wish buddy, but please leave one or two in factory fresh paint.

Jerry Sullivan

Hey, Jerry

I was planning to include both sets of texture files, so folks can pick whichever they want. At this point, I actually have clean versions of the entire SD40 roster. I'm not uploading all that, though.

I can vouch for all those schemes in the late 1970's. I was working for NC DOT as a summer hire in 1976 and 1977 on a survey work crew. One of our jobs was a new bridge over the railroad tracks in Cherryville, NC. Coal trains from the mountains came down the Clinchfield to Bostic, where they transferred to the SCL (old SAL) line to Charlotte and return. Saw all these schemes and SCL units mixed in, maybe about 3 or 4 trains a day or more back then.

Not so much now.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South