Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing un wanted F/A

Default Removing un wanted F/A

While I am familiar about F/A and the like how does one remove items on a F/A if it's mapped to the ace file? Do I need to go into the S file and find the point lines of said object? I really don't want to make a completely new F/A. I am working with Danny's GP38-2 and 3 files that's found in the library, they are a standard late SLI early TS file where some of the shape objects are on the F/A.
    Thank you for your help.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Do the FA textures in the ACE file use alpha? If not, you could alpha out those textures and make sure the FA accepts alpha and the main shape doesn't.

That's what ive tried but the FA doesn't accept it. Do I need to change the prim state of the FA like we do for a few .a ace files?
    Todd

Northern Virginia, United States of America

It's been a long time since I've done anything like this but you should be able to get the FA shape to accept an alpha channel. Try uncompressing the FA shape, finding the list of "shader_names" and making every line in that list say: "named_shader ( BlendATexDiff )"

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    While I am familiar about F/A and the like how does one remove items on a F/A if it's mapped to the ace file? Do I need to go into the S file and find the point lines of said object? I really don't want to make a completely new F/A. I am working with Danny's GP38-2 and 3 files that's found in the library, they are a standard late SLI early TS file where some of the shape objects are on the F/A.
    Thank you for your help.
    which item do you want to modify ??

explanation of fleegle411 is the most secure and efficient.
    there will be modification to the protected modification key even with DEFAULT ALPHA .
    Chimbica Dash8

I will try what is suggested when I get some free time.
    Todd

Th suggested worked however I now have the shadow of the object that I alpha outed. Is there a cure to this?
    Todd

Th suggested worked however I now have the shadow of the object that I alpha outed. Is there a cure to this?
    Is this in the sim or part of the shape?

This is in shape viewer, haven't tested in sim yet.
    Todd

This is in shape viewer, haven't tested in sim yet.
    Could you post a picture? Considering it's not in the sim, it could be a texture you could just paint off.