Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing un wanted F/A

This is what Im seeing in different views of the model. This isn't normal with how alpha works as far as to my knowledge , you should not see the shadow of the outline of the alpha-ed object.
    Last edited by cnwfan; 06-25-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Northern Virginia, United States of America

ShapeViewer does sometimes mess up transparencies and create X-ray panels, but the same model will look fine in the sim normally. When you encounter something like this the best way to check it is to load it up in the sim and see what the situation is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    This is what Im seeing in different views of the model. This isn't normal with how alpha works as far as to my knowledge , you should not see the shadow of the outline of the alpha-ed object.
    That might be a shadow painted onto the textures. You can just paint that right off. I don't know what painting tools you use, but the clone stamp/heal tools in GIMP and the content aware tools in Photoshop work really well for that. You could also do some clever copying and pasting if you're a MS Paint user, although I honestly suggest you upgrade immediately if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by fleegle411 View Post
    ShapeViewer does sometimes mess up transparencies and create X-ray panels, but the same model will look fine in the sim normally. When you encounter something like this the best way to check it is to load it up in the sim and see what the situation is in there.

This is the correct response. Its not anything to do with texture painting. Everything is resolved.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    This is the correct response. Its not anything to do with texture painting. Everything is resolved.
    Glad to hear you didn't need to wrack your brain over cleaning up any scraps. Always nice when the wild goose chase is over and you can proudly look upon your repaint and run it in the sim.