Thread: Goku Editor

Cool Goku Editor

Hi,
    I need some help with the new Editor,Right now I'm learning it is very hard for a old 80year
    to come from old Editor to the new one.
    I have a couple questions....

1. if we lay new tracks for a Route (no elevation) which is right key to use
    I get confused?
    Click-Place New
    Place new Track to old
    Click-F
    Place Track again

Must the Button be on right- (Stick To Target)

2. Now the Elevations
    Click-R for rotation
    Hold Control button
    use 8- up 2- for down or put your
    own data in must be .00 places
    then click-F

All this new to me, I'm willing to learn.

Fssarno
    Arno

You've almost got it.
    Stick to target is for things you want to align with track or roads. It works for bridges, fences, crossings, etc. Anything that needs to line up.
    For elevations you're right on target. A couple things, when you click on a track piece there is a menu on the left side down about two thirds of the way down that will let you choose elevation parameters. Adjusting that number to a smaller one will give you finer control over the amount of movement during rotation or translation. I usually put a point in front of the number that's there. Instead of 1 it's a .1.
    That will slow the movement down a lot but if you use alt + 8 or 2 is speeds it up a little.
    When using the F key to set terrain to the track or road you might want to go into the F2 menu and adjust the size of the cuts and fills down. I set them both to one.
    This will prevent you from blowing out, burying, anything beside the track. You can always go and adjust the terrain manually.

Welcome to the dark side.
    I'm not at my gaming box or I'd send pictures.

Randy

Randy,
    Thanks for all the help.
    I have more questions, on the Bridge how do get all terrain under the bridge out??
    Also is there a Track length limit, special in elevations?
    Thanks again for the help!

Arno

For the terrain under the bridge, click on the bridge to get it's elevation and then subtract however much you want to remove from that number.
    Example, say your bridge is at 458. That's 458 meters. You want 20 meters of space under your bridge. 458-20=438. Enter 438 in the terrain height window. Now drop both terrain sliders to 1 and select "Fixed Height". Now start clicking around under the bridge.
    You'll figure it out.
    Elevation works with any length track or road piece. If you changed the step value in the elevation window to .1 it appears that it's not moving, but it is. You can see it in the elevation window. Use Alt+8 or 2 to speed it up a little.
    Have fun.

Randy

Randy,
    I have more question about a Road piece,if the new Road piece is not laying
    in the wrong dir. how you change this piece by only few deg.

Arno

You can rotate a road piece like you can anything else. Click on it and hit the R key.
    Don't forget to change the step value in the elevation window to slow down the rotation speed, if you need to.

Randy

Randy,
    Thanks!
    Arno