Thread: Trainstore error message

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Default Trainstore error message

This is a warning post;I have just installed the "American Classics" from the CD.It was difficult to get it to install and then got a message something like "Removing original Installation",then it installed the stock etc.
    I tried to run MSTS through Trainstore and got the message that there was no MSTS installation !!!!.I have almost completely got it working again by using System Restore but now get the error message Module "Language" Line No. 203 Windows Language Resources are not available...The program will now run with the language options disabled".It then works;just annoying but not fatal !

I have installed the WIN7 update patch for Trainstore which should solve this problem but it appears not to do so.Any thoughts ?

Hi Peter,
    1. American Classics. The original CD uses the InstallShield installer which means that if you're running Win 10, it won't run. If this is the case, use my Utility22 (utility22_v1_0.zip from the f/l or UKTS_39608) to unpack the files.

2. Train Store. If you installed v3.2 (trnstr32.zip from the f/l or UKTS_5940), then it should be followed by the v3.2.2 update (trnst322.zip from the f/l or UKTS_13223), then the 'Win7' update (trnst32w.zip from the f/l or UKTS_22392). Like most MSTS utilities, if you're using Win 10, it should be set to "Run this program as an administrator" from its Properties > Compatibility tab

Cheers,
    Ged

Windows 7 system,yes I have installed the updates in that order.Bizarre !

Deleted,I cannot read !

What do you mean??

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Just a comment

Since OpenRails I have no need for Trainstore.

I have about 100 routes in MSTS and some Mini Routes and OR has no problems running them.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

I might use OR,but I cannot access the views available in BIN MSTS and have problems with sounds and brakes.Too much aggro,I am afraid.They have made it too complicated,so quite happy with MSTS.
    It is just like everything these days,change for change sake.My new car has controls more difficult to use than the old model;my Win 10 laptop had an OS update yesterday,now I cannot access it.This chromebook also had an update and now runs slower......progress.

Hi Peter,
    I cannot access the views available in BIN MSTS and have problems with sounds and brakes.

If you'd tell us which views and sounds you're having trouble with, I'm sure somebody will have a solution
    Regarding brakes, you are correct in that some work a bit differently to MSTS - just make sure that you're using a recent version of Open Rails, ie NOT the last released Stable version!

Cheers,
    Ged

As I said,the views available in BIN MSTS.Why could they not keep the same means of accessing instead of dreaming up a new combination of buttons to push.Re brakes,again too complicated.In the rw it is very simple,reduce the pressure in the brake pipe and you get a proportional brake application.With the PBL brake after the initial application (0.4 bar reduction) you can inch it on and off.Westinghouse obviously different
    The brake rate is fixed,either pass or goods although these days even freight is run in pass timings simples !!! It makes it easier to control the train.When I was driving,the Class 59/0 and 1 were goods only yet some of the wagons were pass only...MSTS has it right in that the brake effect ripples down the train.All you need to get right is the brake force and it is trial and error until the models behave something like the rw.
    I am very happy with MSTS.It might make me a luddite,but OR just frustrates me.