Thread: Williamson to Bluefield Activity for Pocahontas

Default Williamson to Bluefield Activity for Pocahontas

Hi All

I am trying to run the following activity without success. The activity is in the library as willblue.zip. I have all rolling stock needed but still can't get this activity to work. I tried to check it activity editor but it just keeps crashing. I tried contacting the author but e-mail returned unknown. Does anyone have a working copy of this activity they could possibly send me or tell me what corrections need to be made and i will fix myself. All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    AJ

Let me run it and I will get back to you.
    I will be running it with Open Rails.
    Cheers
    Derek

First thing I notice is the size of the train.
    MSTS is likely to crash every time.
    Cheers
    Derek

AJ, not an expert on MSTS...so the best I can do is to direct you to this excellent diagnostic tool by Ged Saunders ( slipperman ) downloadable from the library >>> msts_actman.zip Get this installed and use it to check the activity and consists. It will show missing items, also you may want to also install msts_check.zip which will check for missing cabviews, sounds, and FAs.

From what I do know of MSTS, if something is missing it will choke. ( OR has a log that will show missing items, and many times will run anyway, if something is missing from an AI train ).

( just noticed Derek posted, he's a faster typist that I am ...he'll probably figure it out for ya ... but I would really recommend -- especially if you use MSTS to install the above programs )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Well there is a service file missing.

Player_Service_Definition ( BluetoWill
    Cheers
    Derek

I am trying to run in Open Rails also. I did find that there is no path for the player train and tried to make one in activity editor but that didn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by asteph627 View Post
    I am trying to run in Open Rails also. I did find that there is no path for the player train and tried to make one in activity editor but that didn't work either.
    Most people are using the Track Viewer that comes with OR to make paths...Front Panel\TOOLS\Track Viewer .. it's on the bottom of the list. i remember this activity now...it was kinda of a problem, missing stuff, downloads hard ( or impossible to find ) other things I cannot recollect. I do have in my notebook that I reworked the activity...but that was 7-8 years ago. Attached is the player service & path files I made...you'll have to either change the name in the your files to match these, or change my files to match what you have in your activity file.

Will-to-Bluw.zip
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Using Gerry's files, I am running the activity with Open Rails.

Thanks Gerry
    Cheers
    Derek

Thanks Gerry, the files worked.

AJ