Thread: Watertop_Snow not Showing

Default Watertop_Snow not Showing

Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem with the water top snow not changing in the winter from the dark blue water texture to the white snow texture. I've checked the ENVFILES folder, the watertop_snow texture is white, the WinterClear, rain, and snow all call for watertop_snow.

Anyone have this problem before, and what was the solution?

Paul :-)

Default Possible ENV Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Hi All, I'm having a strange problem with the water top snow not changing in the winter from the dark blue water texture to the white snow texture. I've checked the ENVFILES folder, the watertop_snow texture is white, the WinterClear, rain, and snow all call for watertop_snow. Anyone have this problem before, and what was the solution? Paul :-)
    Hi Paul,
    Are you running in MSTS or Open Rails?
    If the latter could you please attach the log. Thanx
    Log is enabled on the OR opening screen down near the bottom.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Hi Vince,

I found the problem. I'm building in MSTS and testing in OR. I created the ONR route ten years ago by laying the track. A few months ago I started working on it again. One of the things I did was to import my ENVFILES folder form the last DAR route. What I didn't do was to change the environmental entries in the TRK file to match the ones in DAR folder. The DAR files were names "springsnow" and when you create a new route that's just called "snow".

So, took a while but I did figure it out thanks.

Glad you got if figured out, and very glad it turned out to be one those ID10T issues.

I was keeping an eye on this thread, 'cause you never know when the same issue will crop up on one's own installation!

I can't remember ever having to do this before but I must have. The ENVFILES from the first DAR route became those for the Conn River Route, and after tinkering with them some more, became the files for the DARv3.

Oh well, I vacuumed up the hair from the floor and the route is fine now!