Thread: APK files

Default APK files

Hi all. Is there any way to open apk files with out msts. I am redoing my pocahontas route because for some reason alot of the activities
    will not run any more. I have not run it in years so I do not know what happened to it. Microsoft screwed up my train sim so these files
    will not open. 90 % of the acts for this route are in these files. Any help would be appreciated. Greg.

Hi Greg,
    Please try my APKExtractor - apkex-v3-07.zip from the file library.

Cheers,
    Ged

APKExtractor ... oh yeah! Best thing since sliced bread ( well maybe that went a bit far ... but a useful tool indeed )

...and for a pair of excellent diagnostic/checking utilities try msts_actman.zip and msts_check.zip or any of the other utilities Ged has uploaded to the library.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thank you Ged you are a life saver.I t opens them automaticly. and Gerry I have been using conbuilder and route riter for years with great success. I will have a look atactman and msts_ checkup. they mabe better.Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Thank you Ged you are a life saver.I t opens them automaticly. and Gerry I have been using conbuilder and route riter for years with great success. I will have a look atactman and msts_ checkup. they mabe better.Greg
    Yep, I use ConBuilder and Route Riter also, but I'm tending to use Ged's two programs more frequently -- they are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Also TSRE has a consist editor, while lacking the testing features of ConBuilder, is much superior in other ways.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Well I have got myself into a pickle. Before I asked for help yesterday I tried to change the apks into somethimg that would work. All I did was make into read
    and nothing works. Now is anyway to change them back into apk files so they will open the right way. Sorry for being stuped. Greg,

Do the files still have the .apk extension, or did you change them to .txt?

When I try to open them they come up in a window text.Greg

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

I am guessing that you downloaded the Act as a zip file which would still be intact.

Just unzip it and start gain, perhaps move the zip file to a different folder
    so you don't get things confused.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

.... or it's possible that you changed the program which Windows uses to open .apk files. If that is the case, right-click any .apk file and select Properties. If 'Opens with:' is not shown as APKExtractor3, click the 'Change' button and look down the list for APKExtractor3 (may need to click 'More apps'). Click on APKExtractor3 to highlight it then click the 'OK' button. If APKExtractor3 is not in the list, you'll need to click on 'Look for another app on this PC' and use Explorer to locate the .exe file and double-click it.

The above assumes that APKExtractor3 is installed!!

Cheers,
    Ged