Thread: Importing DEM data into TSRE

Default Importing DEM data into TSRE

Working on a new route and I have DEM data in .tif files that I am converting via VTBuilder. However it looks like TSRE requires .hgt files. How do I go from .tif to .hgt file format?

Jon

Found out that I can download .hgt files directly instead of DEM. So I don't need to convert them.

Only problem I am having now is that I can create tiles and import the height data but for some reason I cannot terrtex the tiles. They are black. Although I can download the maps and they show up fine. Also the terrain grid shows up fine and I can edit the heights. Just can't color it or terrtex it.

Jon

Do you have any terrain textures? I'm guessing not, since that's normally the only time they would be black

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Do you have any terrain textures? I'm guessing not, since that's normally the only time they would be black
    I copied terrain textures from one of the MSTS default routes and can load them into the F2 terrain editing window but when I Put them to a tile nothing happens.

Well now trying it this morning the put seems to work. Maybe I just needed to close TSRE and reopen it.

Jon