Thread: Very low sound dash9

Default Very low sound dash9

hello everyone,

MSTS dash9 rumble only inside is installed no mod's. Outside is installed no mod's too.
    The Engines that use this loco for sound all have the problem cara install windows 10

any ideas?

Hi,
    Welcome to the Forum

Is it only the Dash9? Are the GP38 sounds OK? If so, AND you've not modified anything, then I've no idea.
    If the GP38 sounds are also low, check that the MSTS > Options > SOUND sliders are all at 1.0 and that the Quantity of Sounds slider is at HIGH. If they are set so, have you tried turning the speaker/s up?

The above is assuming you're running MSTS, as you've posted in an MSTS Forum! If you're using Open Rails and all sounds are low, make sure the Options > Audio > % sound volume is set to 100% and that MSTS Bin Compatible Sound is ticked.

Cheers.
    Ged

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

There are better Dash9 sounds in the f/l.

put in matt florack in the file library he will have good common sounds for the engines

Florack sounds are a good 10-12 years old. Much newer stuff for Dash 9 and Gevo is out there for free.

hey geepster775;
    if there is better sound files then matt's please let us know

There are MLW sounds here, which are of better quality. My only complaint is that he maxed out the volume on everything

If volumes are maxed out in " SMS " files you could use a program such as " Wavepad " to enhance any sound to your own preference .

Just a thought ! I've used this free software for years on many SMS files - - successfully .

I've modified at least some sounds using Audacity, which is my go-to for sounds. Also free