Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Communicating with the external dispatcher for Run8

Default Communicating with the external dispatcher for Run8

Does anyone know offhand what the port number is? Since I'm using C# now I may copy and paste that and see if ground control and Major Tom can connect

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...-code-examples

Thanks

Sean

Never mind port 6813 appears as a port to avoid in TSCAD manual, so I take it that's the one.

Thanks

Sean

Then again it could be 15191 as I look deeper at a change log note. The later sounds more like it.

Thanks

Sean

Are you referring to "External Dispatcher"?? I've been using for several months now and I don't see any reference to a "port" number. My External Dispatcher is running on the same computer as Run8 and I needed to merely click the "This Computer" button on the config screen. If Run8 is on another computer there is a field to enter it's IP number. (or perhaps I'm mis-understanding)

A searched the PDF manual for "port" and found nothing.

It's a communication port (similar to what you connect to when you are logging into ta server). The host can change the port if it's running multiple routes. The option external dispatcher opens the communication to a port that I believe is port 15191. Back several years ago the port was changed from 6813 due to a splitting of the routes/blocks or something like that. I barely recalled it happening until I started searching online at lunch today.

The two things I need to know are the port and the protocol. So now that I'm using C# for other projects and it's .net I'm hoping to get some information. The ED server I believe would be the game and it will host ED client(s) once the port is open. This could lead to the programming of an AI dispatcher in C# for a new version of RTS.

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 07-15-2021 at 09:55 PM. Reason: port and protocol for Winsock

1st test no response. Now I have a red dot after 1.5 years of inactivity (same computer). Try to save and get a grey dot. Not looking good now. Back to some other projects.

Thanks

Sean

So External Dispatcher ( ED ) and TSCAD are two different programs from two different people so is it the one from Mr.Balls or TSCAD from Kevin.
    Work Safe play hard

Neither one Dale. I'm trying to get communication when I turn on the option in Run8v2 to allow external dispatcher. So far I haven't been able to use my code to say "hello world"

The grey dot on my registration is another issue. I had a red dot for some reason and then tryied to resave it. Stuck at grey. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I was able to login to a CA server the other day they wanted me to test if people could connect.

Thanks

Sean

Nothing will work correctly unless the DOT is Green.
    Work Safe play hard

Originally Posted by SurvivorSean

Now I have a red dot after 1.5 years of inactivity (same computer). Try to save and get a grey dot. Not looking good now. Back to some other projects
    I have been using Run8 occasionally this last year and a couple of days ago I uninstalled with the intention of reinstalling the program with only Bakersfield and all my locos, rolling stock etc. I now have the grey dot as well, with it stuck at checking license. Server problem? - Old Run8 v2 licenses are not being reactivated any more?.