Thread: Can I Use the UP AC4400CW From Cane Creek on the Sandpatch Route

Default Can I Use the UP AC4400CW From Cane Creek on the Sandpatch Route

Can I use the UP AC4400CW from Cane Creek on the Sandpatch Route? If so, what would need to be done? I have never checked into building my own consist in TSW and TSW2. I don't know if that can be done either like you can in TS2021 (TS20XX). I have trouble locating the manual for TSW and TSW2.

Thanks,
    Derick
    Last edited by derickavery; 07-17-2021 at 03:20 PM.

You have to use the scenario editor, which is pretty limited, and ensure you check the “Off The Rails” option to bring up traction from all your installed routes.
    Vern.

Thanks so much Vern. This will be something new for me but like other things related to all the train sims, you try things and learn until you master them and you learn something new.

Just got done playing around with this. There are some YouTube videos on Scenario Planner. However I stumbled across something. In TSW2, I chose or selected the Sand Patch Route. Then Explore, then Timtable. Locomotive Filter - select AC4400CW (the CSX livery will appear). At the bottom right click on Q Switch Livery. You will then be given an option to choose AC4400CW UP or AC4400CW UPw. This worked for me. I can now use the UP livery on the Sand Patch Route.
    Last edited by derickavery; 07-21-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    Just got done playing around with this. There are some YouTube videos on Scenario Planner. However I stumbled across something. In TSW2, I chose or selected the Sand Patch Route. Then Explore, then Timtable. Locomotive Filter - select AC4400CW (the CSX livery will appear). At the bottom right click on Q Switch Livery. You will then be given an option to choose AC4400CW UP or AC4400CW UPw. This worked for me. I can now use the UP livery on the Sand Patch Route.
    are their functional difference between those two ? I was thinking a livery was a paint job - but am certainly no expert

I can see how you would describe livery as a paint job. That could be true because TSW2 has a Livery Manager Tool to create fictional liveries. I think of it in terms of class one liveries such as UP, BNSF, CSX, KCS, CP, CN, just to mention a few. As far as operation, there are those who have created mods to help with the functionality. Check out Train Sim Community for instance. There are a number of mods that have come about for the Sand Patch Route and the Cane Creek Route. I do not have a large collection of other routes in TSW or TSW2 and I mostly stick to US stuff.

What do some of these mods do?

Thanks

Sean

Improve default horn and sounds. With the Cane Creek Route, there were a number of additional improvements. You can see and hear the mods improvements on YouTube by typing in, example TSW2 CSX4400W mods, TSW2 CSX C40-8W mods, TSW2 Cane Creek mods. There is a guy that goes by the YouTube name Schnauzahpowahz that makes videos of modes and routes, etc. Of course there are others also.

Is there anything that goes into modifying the activities or schedules? I knew for me this was going to have a shelf life but I was surprised how fast I hit the wall. I expected to be able to get through all the various tasks and have plenty to do for some time. Instead I've been on a few mainline runs now and they're getting pretty boring. The switching is not intuitive and feels like following the bouncing ball instead of actually switching a yard. I'm all for following a conductor, but it should be smart enough to switch the tracks for you. Either pick the role engineer or conductor and let them go at it.

Thanks

Sean