Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The Evolution of Train Simulator (1996-2020)

  1. #1

    Default The Evolution of Train Simulator (1996-2020)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTEAd1erTyM

    Besides Youtube users, did anyone else find this interesting?

    I find it kind of odd that Open Rails as an example was not included in their list, but other than that I found it interesting.

    Please and thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    S.W.WALES
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Interesting but too much emphasis on Trainz.
    Yma O Hyd

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    This thread is a re-run.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Posts
    2,805

    Default

    Basically the same game over and over every year for the past decade. or so. What a boring time for train simulators.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    One could say that those with the poorer visual graphics were by far the better simulators......

    Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    2,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    One could say that those with the poorer visual graphics were by far the better simulators......

    Cheerz. Steve.
    Geeze, one could also say, the Moon is made of cheese.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    S.W.WALES
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Geeze, one could also say, the Moon is made of cheese.
    Have you been there Gerry. What is the overall flavour, strong cheddar i would hope personally ?
    Yma O Hyd

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    2,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Have you been there Gerry. What is the overall flavour, strong cheddar i would hope personally ?
    Ahh yes, the moon is most definitely a strong cheddar --- perhaps a very well aged double gloucester cheddar with chives ( and if you're not fainthearted ) -- onion! And the whole surface of the moon is abundantly covered in Lady's Bedstraw.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    UK.
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Ahh yes, the moon is most definitely a strong cheddar --- perhaps a very well aged double gloucester cheddar with chives ( and if you're not fainthearted ) -- onion! And the whole surface of the moon is abundantly covered in Lady's Bedstraw.
    Wallace and Gromit would have definitely said Wensleydale Gerry..
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    3,662

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->