Thread: Trying to install John Stanford's Crawhill route into Open Rails program?

Question Trying to install John Stanford's Crawhill route into Open Rails program?

Is anyone having a problem to install the exe file of Crawhill route (John Stanford's) into Open Rails program. I did and see that the registry of exe file mentioned that installed Microsoft Train Simulator program. I couldn't find where is the route located in my hard drive? What is the best way to find this to uninstall this first then what? Also can you tell me what is the alternative install of exe file of this route?

Thank you for your patience with me about this.

John

Hi John,

Given that the exe hails from 2003, it likely installs in c:\program files.
    If you search the library here for crawford, you will find another file which is a reupload from 2011.
    It is a zip of the running route folder, much easier to understand.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your more detailed information and I did download the other file but did not install this yet. First I have to find the file in c:\program files to uninstall then will install the reupload from 2011.

Take care,

John

The only thing is missing for this route is train consists. Do you know where to get these train consists to run this activity?

Anyway here is below:

ebd grain def

helper def

wbd mech def

And the train consists are below:

ch_grainhelper.con

ch_grain.con

ch_helperai.con

I know the only way to create the train consists is in Conbuilder or TSRE Consist Editor.

It would be a lot easier if I get those files and put them in TRAINS > Consists in 2MSTS.

Thank you again,

John

I am just working my way through the activities.
    Lets start with the activity names? I have over 80 activities at this point.
    Cheers
    Derek

John,

I just tried to run the exe, but on my win 10 machine it won't run.
    I don't think I have the same activities as you.
    I have only used the reupload zip file and other downloaded activities to get my install.
    Cheers
    Derek

Honestly, anything Stanford did up with a package installer in that era is going to likely be packaged using the same broken 16 bit installer application that already long ago caused the Demex installer to fail in the W10 era.

Just make up the consists, John. I highly doubt people still have the first iteration of the route still installed, and the people who did at some point left the hobby 10 years ago. Most users are going to be like Derek, people who tossed the early stuff and only use the newest, most modern and improved copy.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Honestly, anything Stanford did up with a package installer in that era is going to likely be packaged using the same broken 16 bit installer application that already long ago caused the Demex installer to fail in the W10 era.

Just make up the consists, John. I highly doubt people still have the first iteration of the route still installed, and the people who did at some point left the hobby 10 years ago. Most users are going to be like Derek, people who tossed the early stuff and only use the newest, most modern and improved copy.
    Oh! But some of us do.

John, Attached are all of my CH_*****.CON files
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Charles

Charles -- want to say a big thank you for doing me a favour with your CH_CONSISTS in zip.

John