Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find the India locomotive and passenger cars?

Question Where to find the India locomotive and passenger cars?

I have trouble finding these cars after ran the consists in Conbuilder for the route of SOLAPUR. No problem with the route download from here in the file library but not the rolling stock. And here are below that I need to complete 3 train consists (I believe):

ASWWDM260
    ASMIRLR1
    ASMIACS2

Are these files located here in the file library or not? If not, then where do I find them outside trainsim site.

Thank you for your patience,

John

P.S. I did sent an email to the person who look after these more than one day and still waiting for his reply.

Jon -- Thanks for the link and found the wagon cars but not yet with locomotive because this is no longer available. But it's great to use this link that you provided.

John

Look like that I spelled the wrong locomotive above and will try this time with ASWWDM2GO not ASWWDM260.

Will let anyone know if I got this with the right name of eng file.

Thank you again,

John

All is good now and be able to run this activity with the required rolling stock on SOLAPUR route later today.

Thanks again,

John

Now need ingame.sms and where do I find this to put in that main folder of SOLAPUR? I believe that can find any other ingame.sms from other routes or I could be wrong. If yes, then where do I put this file into what folder of SOLAPUR?

The reason why I am asking is that OpenRails won't launch this route because of this missing file.

Thank you again,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Now need ingame.sms and where do I find this to put in that main folder of SOLAPUR? I believe that can find any other ingame.sms from other routes or I could be wrong. If yes, then where do I put this file into what folder of SOLAPUR?

The reason why I am asking is that OpenRails won't launch this route because of this missing file.

Thank you again,

John
    Hi John, "ingame.sms" is a default MSTS file, you'll find that in the main SOUND folder. Look in your MSTS installation...
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Done with this. Now got to find the missing rolling stock for this route. That is the fun part to look for here and outside the forum.

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by cn bala; 07-23-2021 at 08:33 PM.

cn bala:

Sounds like you're a little new to the Indian "shell game" of finding rolling stock.

From past experience, MANY of the Indian contributors, though some are getting much better, tend to be lax when it comes to providing the correct information as to where you find the rolling stock and engine files they are using in the activities. Some don't bother at all in a few of the most recent activities, or use stock from payware sites unknown to us without the link or name of them.

ONE big danger I have to warn you about, especially Indian Rwy locomotives. MANY of them are hidden in the ZIP file with a number of other units, and the download zip name will not always match the engine you want. If the file is listed in our Train-Sim library, your best bet, as one reader has mentioned is doing a search by ENG or WAG name you want on "Indianrailsim.com" this will tell you right away what ZIP file it is in.

Good luck in your searches, as I have been doing it a number of years now with many of the available Indian routes and matching activities....NEVER knew they had so many trains (the site "https://www.trainspnrstatus.com/runningstatus" is excellent for schedules and station codes / information) and many-all of them are huge 18 car plus consists
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

I'd just like to add one thing to Doug's reply.

https://indiarailinfo.com/ is probably the best place to get information regarding Indian trains. It's also run by railfans.
    It takes some getting used to, but is an absolute gem of a website. Just enter your train's name/number in the textbox called "train" and you'll get the train's pictures, complete timetable, route map, consist, locomotive link, home zone, classification, top speed, average speed, scheduled crossings and overtakings, and also a separate forum for every train.

Getting the rolling stock just right is always tough, because there are so many locomotives and so many types of cars. But in my opinion, it's always worth the effort.
    Swadesh
    Railfan from Bengaluru, KA, India
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVC...KA-9nsmib27ndg
    Happy simming!