Thread: What about the Diesels West U-Boats?

Question What about the Diesels West U-Boats?

Hello,

I've recently been trying to find more early BN freight power for use on the various NP sections of the MILW routes (RMD East/West, Coast Division, Idaho Division/The Gap) and remembered that Diesels West used to have U25Cs on offer (along with SD45s), but they removed them after a while. I'm wondering if it is still possible to contact and purchase them, since I read on another thread that it might still be possible to purchase the models removed from the archive page if you contacted either through PM or via email. I am unsure if any contact method will work however, since my last email was left unread and hasn't been responded to. I would like to have the engines but, I can't go back in time to buy them. If I could, I would. But I'm starting to think my quest may be a fruitless endeavor for some engines long ago. The MILW U28Bs were another unit I was looking for but ended up stumped, only to realize it, along with many of the other models removed in 2018 (about there?), were gone before I could get them.

Thank you for reading this,

Stephen

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I doubt you will get any joy from DW,the proprietor has a very strange attitude to customers.I will compare that to MLT,3d Trains,3dts,Tiger Trains,BLW and SLI who cannot do enough to help with problems experienced by their customers which has encouraged me to purchase more items.It seems as if CW wants the business to fail.I still think it would be profitable if SLI would make their MSTS stuff available again,after all it will run in OR !

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_SD40-2 View Post
    Hello,

I've recently been trying to find more early BN freight power for use on the various NP sections of the MILW routes (RMD East/West, Coast Division, Idaho Division/The Gap) and remembered that Diesels West used to have U25Cs on offer (along with SD45s), but they removed them after a while. I'm wondering if it is still possible to contact and purchase them, since I read on another thread that it might still be possible to purchase the models removed from the archive page if you contacted either through PM or via email. I am unsure if any contact method will work however, since my last email was left unread and hasn't been responded to. I would like to have the engines but, I can't go back in time to buy them. If I could, I would. But I'm starting to think my quest may be a fruitless endeavor for some engines long ago. The MILW U28Bs were another unit I was looking for but ended up stumped, only to realize it, along with many of the other models removed in 2018 (about there?), were gone before I could get them.

Thank you for reading this,

Stephen
    You're out of luck. There's a long story behind this, but best you do a search on here and perhaps at ET to learn and judge for yourself. And lately he has not been reliable at answering PMs or emails unless you're a member of his exclusive club.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    You're out of luck. There's a long story behind this, but best you do a search on here and perhaps at ET to learn and judge for yourself. And lately he has not been reliable at answering PMs or emails unless you're a member of his exclusive club.
    That's what I feared, and it's a shame. I already had known prior of what happened, and it's a damn shame. But at thing point I think I've already given up on trying to even get in contact. He didn't answer my prior 2 emails, but I know he has an account on this site. I'm not expecting a reply to a PM to his account so, I guess I'll keep hoping until it turns into a dead-end.

Seeing people with the now "unobtanium" that is the newer DW equipment wanted me to seek it out, but I guess that's come to an end.