Thread: looking for program

Default looking for program

Hi folks. I am looking for a program that goes beyond what conbilder and route-riter can do. I have a 4 part activity and the last part will not run, the rest off it works o.k. When train simulator was working it would tell me what was wrong but Microsoft screwed that up. The log file does not seem to tell me what is wrong either. Any help is much appreciated. Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Hi folks. I am looking for a program that goes beyond what conbilder and route-riter can do. I have a 4 part activity and the last part will not run, the rest off it works o.k. When train simulator was working it would tell me what was wrong but Microsoft screwed that up. The log file does not seem to tell me what is wrong either. Any help is much appreciated. Greg.

ORTS http://www.openrails.org/ run your activity and then look for OpenRailsLog.txt file which will be saved to your desktop.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    In the TS library...these are excellent programs from Ged Saunders for checking activities in both OR and MSTS
    msts_actman.zip ...and... msts_check.zip ...and... sms_checker_v2_2.zip

You posted in the MSTS forums..are you running MSTS or OR? OR has a default log on the desktop that is an excellent diagnostic tool, once you understand how to use it. Posting the OR log is always useful when you have a problem.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thank you gentleman for your response. Msts_actman worked. I guess open rails did not like some of the stock errors and would not run that part of the activity. Thanks for your help.Greg