Thread: Looking for Denis Gionet

Default Looking for Denis Gionet

Denis, I just want to say THANK YOU for those uploads of the Long Island Railroad engine sets

FINALLY somebody has done some decent models we can use for Vince Cockeram's "partially finished" route.

Now the only thing missing are some decent MU or diesel hauled cars of the 1955 era fleet. Jeff Link has done
    a couple of sets of MP-54 & P-54 cars, however the car numbers are totally wrong for LIRR. He was less than
    friendly about the idea of my correcting and updating the sets, so that has never gotten off the ground, other than\what I did for my own private use.

Your two GE 25 ton units are good....but in reality there were THREE...397 came along late in life of the MTA era from an NJ industrial outfit and 398 and 399 were bought new originally in 1958

Again Denis, thank you for your effort with at least doing all the engine classes, though we could use the "biggie"....and Alco C-420

Doug
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Just to add my thanks to the above post. It's a great route with some challenging activities and these new locos are a welcome addition.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

There's always the LIRR C-420 at http://www.valleypass.com/Free/alco.htm
    Phil

phlyerxx:

Wrong era...the Valley Pass one is MTA and a scheme that goes to the 90's....by that time all the orange & grey units Denis did were gone
    Doug

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that Denis created the set for the LIRR activity templates that are being created. Probably a good contact point might be over at the Activity Template web site http://www.skylinecomputing.com/templates2.htm

Just click on the name after any of the templates and an email box will appear.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks for your comments!

The LIRR sets that have been done were not necessarily meant to have the complete roster for each engine type or cab, but to have enough of them to create activities. I know for the RS-2 (in the blue livery) and the 44-ton switcher, the roster is complete and one shy away to complete the LIRR 25-ton switcher roster, as Doug mentioned.

For those who know my work with templates for the Activity Generator software, I wanted to have enough stock to be able to run activities on Vince's excellent LIRR route. This route is a switcher's paradise! (BTW, the project is now finished and hope to have it released in the Skyline web site in a week or two)

The Activity Generator template timeframe has been set in 1962, so the repaints used were done to match this era, using if possible blank skins or models in the F/L which I can make these repaints. Thanks for all those who have preceeded me with these models which made my LIRR projects possible.

The only issue I have encountered with the RS-2 ans RS-3 engines is when using the player engines as a pair of threes with the first engine ( RS-2 or RS-3) in long hood forward (LHF) and having the second and/or third engine (again the RS-2 or RS-3) in reverse position, that is short hood forward, OR reports a fatal error. The message: 'Player train original position not clear'.

This issue does not exist when using RS-1's, H16-44's or S2's as your second player engine, as long it is not the LIRR RS-2's or RS-3's Can't figure out why this issue exists.

If you have an idea about how to solve this issue, let me know.

Thanks again for your support for these repaints

Denis
    Last edited by dgionet; 07-25-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Denis:

My first try would be to run the RS-2 and RS-3 files you want to run "backwards" through something like Shape File Manager and reverse (180 degrees) the shape file. I have seen a few other cars & engines act "weird" when running in the "flipped" position....trucks turn the opposite direction, units try to go backwards.....so maybe this is a "bug" in the original construction, since LIRR RS units were designed to run long hood forward in real life.

Doug
    Doug