Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My opinion on what is lacking in the train simulator realm

Diesel Railcar Simulator, is worth consideration.

Great physics, decent graphics. Excellent continous timetable function, but the route builder is still a bit underwhelming.

But maybe not of so much interest in the US.
    Yma O Hyd

Yes, and don't forget Sim-Rail is expected to be released next month on Steam from Poland, so, maybe the European trainsimming fans might have a keener interest in it than the North Americans, but, it will feature a Steam loco right from the off, so, plenty of interest possibly from around the world in how their ''Simulator'' shapes up.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

I took a look at OR and they have come a long way. It appears as if there is about a dozen volunteers coding if I understand the website and I looked at the version history.

Activity based stuff is not my cup of tea. I did it with TSW2 for about a week only because of the visuals. Take away the visuals and I'm not sure what would entice me to get back into that. A long time ago I created activities for MSTS. From what I can tell the editors are better and there is MP and a few other things. I know they want a better route editor and to get beyond MSTS as far as quality goes.

Anyone taking the time out of their lives for free in our hobby deserve tons of credit. I'm glad they have a great following. But I'm not sure if it's for me, and I haven't seen a selling point that can convince me, unless I'm missing something.

As for Run8 it's been status quo now for almost 2 years. Lots of discussion if you are in the know, die hard, and a huge supporter on the most popular server. But as far as casual sim fans there is no buzz, anticipation, or even expecations. I'll believe it when I see it, and even when I see it what is going to make V3 a can't miss compared to the V2 which was a can't miss in my opinion?

I wish both projects the best, and I know I'm in the minority here and that's cool. Just nothing I see right now for me to be excited about.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Anyone taking the time out of their lives for free in our hobby deserve tons of credit. I'm glad they have a great following.

Thanks

Sean
    Hear-hear.jpg Yup, gotta admire their dedication, expertise, and ability to work together!

Just nothing I see right now for me to be excited about.

Thanks

Sean
    Try looking in the mirror.

HatTip.jpg

Keep well & take care of you and yours. Sean
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I took a look at OR and they have come a long way. It appears as if there is about a dozen volunteers coding if I understand the website and I looked at the version history.

Activity based stuff is not my cup of tea.
    Activities don't have to be complicated. I use them sparingly and almost exclusively to set up yard switching activities or picking up cars on a local run. They're essentially free roam with cars already set out for me.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk