Thread: TSW2 (TSW2) Free for Download Until August 1 2021

Default TSW2 (TSW2) Free for Download Until August 1 2021

Train Sim World2 (TSW2) Free for Download Until August 5 2021 at Epic Games Store.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Thanks for the heads up!

That's one way to get me in for a spin.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sean

Thanks for the heads up!
    However, TSW2 does not start, a message appears accusing the lack of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime, which, nevertheless, is installed; Operating System: Windows 8.1 - 64bits.
    Can anyone help me, please.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mateus

Quote Originally Posted by magmateus View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!
    However, TSW2 does not start, a message appears accusing the lack of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime, which, nevertheless, is installed;
    Mateus
    I am having the same problem. Apparently this is not an uncommon issue? See link below from the DTG site, although I've not yet attempted this (uninstall/reinstall the Visual C++ runtime distro packages) solution. If you get around to trying it before I do, please post back here and let us know if it worked for you?

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...-error.42879/;

Well I'm really happy you posted this Derick. It has been pretty addictive and from what I can tell entertaining. It has plenty of strengths and weaknesses but perhaps something I should of looked into a long time ago. I honestly thought it would run pretty crappy on my system and was pleasantly surprised that I could run it in ultra with no issues.

Pumping out the live streams now as I go through different activities over time.

Thanks again.

Sean

Yes, after unintall & reinstall the Visual C++ runtime, the game starts and works.
    Thanks, trs666, and best regards.
    Mateus

Epic Games has been dong these "free downloads" for a while now on a number of games. The catch is that you have to install Epic's software onto your system to use it in the first place, something I objected to when the offer was made for Elite Dangerous.

The choice is up to the individual, but I'd advise caution for any future free offers from Epic.

There's a way to mitigate it, albeit, you're really trading one launcher for another, and really is only advantageous when you use multiple of these services. GOG Galaxy allows for integration with EGS, Steam, Ubisoft Connect, Origin, and Xbox, which allows you to launch games from the launcher, and will allow you to automatically close the launcher after the game has ended.

The main problem with this is, it adds one launcher to manage all the launchers, and isn't worth it when you don't have games from more than two of the platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuckoo View Post
    ...... The catch is that you have to install Epic's software onto your system to use it in the first place, something I objected to when the offer was made for Elite Dangerous.

The choice is up to the individual, but I'd advise caution for any future free offers from Epic.
    The loader has minimal impact on the system, can be isolated from auto-start-up and when sitting in the background has less effect on the system than does Steam.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0