Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSW2 The Cutting Edge Train Game

Thumbs up TSW2 The Cutting Edge Train Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBgkm7Pjik (from 9:52)

Yes a leap forward in train game features.

There are going to be lots more passengers in game.

But what is really cutting edge, is that they will now have a greater selection.

Of different coloured t-shirts, amazing.

Just what a train game with lousy physics and a lack of editors needs.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post

There are going to be lots more passengers in game.
    But what is really cutting edge, is that they will now have a greater selection
    Of different coloured t-shirts, amazing.

With eyes on the prize ! This astute publisher notices those who get ahead are in tune to surveillance capitalism.
    The T-shirts will eventually have advertisements boldly displayed, and which of those T-shirts YOU linger on will be recorded in your digital profile. "... no, you cant turn off our spying, but it is only so we can send you more relevant ads."

What an utter load of rubbish they come up with.
    Seriously stupid.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

As soon as DTG said "no editors" the game was dead as a hobby.

Driving up and down the same 20 mile stretch of track, day in day out is plain boring.

Even if you can play, spot the red t-shirts.

They cannot even do the Cornwall Line properly. First advertised as Penzance - Truro, now a re-think to St Austel and branch line.

DTG is the train game equivalent of the UK privatised railway.

As far as i concerned, clueless, useless and a complete disaster.
    Yma O Hyd

And now there's a website offering TSW2 free till Aug 5th. Don't know if it's legit, but DTG can't like them doing that. It's a good deal for those curious about the game and why we all pan it. They are not out any money going this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebrecs View Post
    With eyes on the prize ! This astute publisher notices those who get ahead are in tune to surveillance capitalism.
    The T-shirts will eventually have advertisements boldly displayed, and which of those T-shirts YOU linger on will be recorded in your digital profile. "... no, you cant turn off our spying, but it is only so we can send you more relevant ads."
    That is a good point. I deal with this on FB all the time. Go look at say buying a electric razor on the internet. You check out which brand you like. Pretty soon same day FB is plastering your wall with ads for razors!! Of course the best solution is to ditch FB, but like most I won't do that. FB does provide me another way to communicate with people.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    And now there's a website offering TSW2 free till Aug 5th. Don't know if it's legit, ....
    Definitely legitimate.
    Epic Games have been around for some time and often have very good offers.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    ... FB does provide me another way to communicate with people.
    Ever heard of texting? Or telephoning?
    Skype? Zoom?

Facebook causes more problems than it solves....particularly at the moment.

I really can't see the point of extending the Cornish route to St Austell only. Maybe a ploy to charge more money, but certainly by the 90's St Austell was just an, albeit busy, intermediate station. Par would have been the logical choice.
    Vern.

Yeah I had been curious for a while so I figured I give it a swing and DL for free. I have no idea why they are doing this for except they know their base game is crap and people just download the add ons and crap because they're bored of it. When I'm bored of something I go to something else Even if I've done something for years.

Thanks

Sean