Thread: CN Ruel sub - AI "out of path" at Gladwick

Default CN Ruel sub - AI "out of path" at Gladwick

Got a bit of a weird issue here. I'm running a self-created activity, and I'm having an AI train disappear on me as it's entering the siding at Gladwick.

In terms of prelude, the player is eastbound and holds the main at Gladwick while the westbound AI takes the siding. The timing is such that the player encounters a clear-to-stop signal at the west end while the AI is approximately two-thirds of the way into the siding. Upon rounding the corner and approaching the east end of the siding, the AI train will briefly 'snap' to the mainline while it's last few cars pass the switch before disappearing completely. The signal then clears for the player, but the AI train remains removed from the activity.

Both the player path and AI path have passing paths set up at every siding, and the AI path originates east of Capreol and terminates west of Foleyet, so it's not like it just drops in out of nowhere. I checked the AI path in Track Viewer, and nothing looks abnormal at Gladwick.

I've tried this activity twice. Initially, I was running with activity randomization level 1. I turned it back to zero, but I'm still getting the same issue.

Relevant info from the log is posted below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activity = Q11251 27 (C:\TrainSimulations\ROUTES\CN_RUEL\ACTIVITIES\Q11 251 27.act)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loading TRK TDB SIGCFG DAT ACT RDB CARSPAWN

Warning: Expected string block; got empty block in C:\TrainSimulations\ROUTES\CN_RUEL\ACTIVITIES\Q112 51 27.act:line 8

SIGSCR WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Warning: Signal head 706 in different track node than signal head 707 of same signal

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 27.2.2 in C:\TrainSimulations\trains\trainset\SLI_CN_FREIGHT \50ft_CYL_HOPPER_CN369858_LD.wag:line 60

ENV SIGCFG SIGCFG TTYPE

Information: Allocation for 87,500 particles:

14,000,000 B RAM vertex data
    2,100,000 B RAM index data (temporary)
    14,000,000 B VRAM DynamicVertexBuffer
    2,100,000 B VRAM IndexBuffer

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSWWWSS TRP(default)WSSSSSSSWSSWWWSSSWWWWWSSWWWCS

Warning: 2 missing Stream(s) in C:\TrainSimulations\trains\trainset\SLI_CN_ENGINES \sound\EMD710_K3L_ext.sms:line 342

CSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCCCCCCSCSCSCSCSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCSCSCSCSCSCCCCCCCCCCCSCSCSCCCCCCCCCCCCSCCCCCCS

Warning: Skipped texture with error: Unknown color channel type 0 in c:\trainsimulations\trains\trainset\sli_cn_engines \cabview\blank.ace

Warning: Skipped texture with error: Unknown color channel type 0 in c:\trainsimulations\trains\trainset\sli_cn_engines \cabview\night\blank.ace

Information: Game.ReplaceState(GameStateViewer3D) GameStateViewer3D

Loader: Time = 00:00:07.5921241 ms
    Loader: Expected = 0 bytes
    Loader: Actual = 134,778,548 bytes
    Loader: Difference = 134,778,548 bytes (Infinity)

Information: Ignored missing animations data in shape c:\trainsimulations\routes\cn_ruel\shapes\cn_milep ostm.s

Information: Ignored missing animations data in shape c:\trainsimulations\routes\cn_ruel\shapes\cn_speed _both.s

TTTTTTTTTWWWWSSSSSSSSSSW$WWWWTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWSWWWTT TTTWWWWWTTTTTWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWTTTTTLLLLLLWWWWW SSSSSSSSS$TTTTTWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWCS
    List of commands to replay saved
    CTTTTTLWWS

Information: Reindexing semaphore entries of signal type cn_switch for compatibility with MSTS

SSSSSWSSWWTTTTTWWWWWSSSSTTTTTLWWSSSSSSWSSWWTTTTTWW SSSSSWWWTTTTTWSSWSS$WWWTTTTTWWWSWWTTTTTWSSWSS$WWWT TTTTWWWWWTTTTTTTTTWWWSWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWSSWSS$W WTTTTTTTTTWWWSWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWSSWSS$WWTTTTTWW WWWTTTTTWWWWWTTTTTWWWWWTTTWWWWWTTTTTWWWWWTTTTWWWWW TTTTTWWWWWTTTTWWWWWTTTTTWWWWWTTTWSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWW TTTTTWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWTTTWSSSSSSSSSSSSSWW WW
    TTTTTWWWWWSSSTTTTWWWWW
    TTTTWWWWWTTTTTWWWSSWSSSSSSSSSSSSSWS
    CSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSTTWWWWWTTTTTWWWSSWSSSSSSSSSSSSSW SCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCCSCSCSCCSCSCSCSCSCCCCSCSCS CSCCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCSSCSCSSCSCCSCSCSCCCCCSSCCSCCCSCCCCCSSCS SCCSSCSCSSCSCCSCCCCSCCSCSCSCSCCCC
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCTTTTLLLLLWWWWWSSTTTTTW$WWWWCCCCTTTTL LLLLWWWWWSSCSSCSSCCSSCSCSSCSCCSCCCCSCCSCSCSCSCCC

TTTTWWWWWSSTTTTTWWWWWTTTTWWWWWSSTTTTTWWWWWTTTLLLLL WWWWWTTTTTWWWWW

Information: Train WB 300 Series (13) is removed for out of control, reason : OUT_OF_PATH

Information: Game.PopState()

I'm fairly new to creating activites in OR, but I'm a vet from the old MSTS days, so I've got a reasonable grasp of what needs to happen and how to set things up. I've ran most of the TrainSimulations activities for this route, as well as a previous self-created one, and all ran flawlessly.

Any ideas as to what could be going on here?
    Last edited by SlackAction; 07-31-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Full log attached.

OpenRailsLog.txt

I was just playing around with the dispatcher window up, and the AI train will behave as expected if the switch that it is passing over is forced to the siding, and the player signal forced to 'stop'. After the AI train is completely clear of the switch, the switch and signal can be reset and everything appears to be alright.

It seems as if the switch was being thrown under the AI train while it was still moving over it. Could there be a quirk with this route at that location?

Quote Originally Posted by SlackAction View Post
    I was just playing around with the dispatcher window up, and the AI train will behave as expected if the switch that it is passing over is forced to the siding, and the player signal forced to 'stop'. After the AI train is completely clear of the switch, the switch and signal can be reset and everything appears to be alright.

It seems as if the switch was being thrown under the AI train while it was still moving over it. Could there be a quirk with this route at that location?
    This is interesting. I was running a default Activity in Open Rails from Bala 2{Westbound Freight} and I ended up with a cornfield. I dont really like to run default Activities as they usually have problems or are timed to tightly. To address your point,I avoided this problem by sending the offending AI into the siding at Brechin. I used the Dispatchers window to throw the switch and then clear the signal. Since the AI was now off Path,it went into Emergency before it disappeared.For your problem I suspect that somehow the switch to the siding is becoming activated. Try reversing the PATHS at the offending switch by making your "Player" take the siding and your "AI" hold the Main. If that is not a good option for you,redo the "AI" Path.Move the "Start" Point slightly and see if that helps. Sorry for the long-winded reply,I do that sometimes! Activity creation is SOOOOO much fun at times like this but I am confident that you will fix it. Brian

Pay attention to the dispatcher board and you will see AI trains vanishing on just about any of their default activities, even when 2 AIs meet in some siding way distant from the player. Some of those default activities had 6 trains coming at you and you only meet 4, with others having vanished when forced onto the wrong track during meets with other AIs running in the same direction as you, ahead of you.

I think it is something in their default paths. When I built my own activities, I started out using their default AI paths, and I was still getting the vanishing trains. When I created my own AI paths, the problem ceased. This is the first route created by anyone to have the embedded horn blows in the AI pathing, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Pay attention to the dispatcher board and you will see AI trains vanishing on just about any of their default activities, even when 2 AIs meet in some siding way distant from the player. Some of those default activities had 6 trains coming at you and you only meet 4, with others having vanished when forced onto the wrong track during meets with other AIs running in the same direction as you, ahead of you.

I think it is something in their default paths. When I built my own activities, I started out using their default AI paths, and I was still getting the vanishing trains. When I created my own AI paths, the problem ceased. This is the first route created by anyone to have the embedded horn blows in the AI pathing, so who knows.
    You're right! This is exactly why I prefer to build my ACTIVITIES from scratch! I usually will create a few different AI Paths,always giving myself room. I create these paths in sequence so I get some reliability in when the AI'S ACTUALLY will show up. The time consuming thing is to test my PLAYERS' path to fine tune meets{either putting myself or the AI into a siding depending on how hot the trains are,etc}I do this because when I run an ACTIVITY I want to be in the position of the Engineer and going back and forth to the Dispatchers window is annoying and not,to me realistic. After I am satisfied,I usually will let the Activity go fallow so that when I do actually run it for real it is like a brand new one. I NEVER use default Paths or even Paths that I created for other Activities,all are custom made. This gives me the advantage to "warehouse" an Activity in another file and modify the Activity,giving me for two {or more!}for the price of one! Brian