Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dove Tail Survey for TSW2 Sent to Me via email

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .....I have more chance of getting a... Porsche off my wife for Christmas, ..
    Oh dear....my interest was piqued until I read "Porsche", Vern.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    No....not at all!
    "Richard Cranium" is the actual nickname we gave him so when we phoned in at any time we'd just ask our receptionist(s) to put us through to Richard Cranium or that Mr. Cranium had paged me, do you know what for?
    The girls on the switchboard knew who we were talking about.
    Hahahahahahahaha, excellent buddy.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I have more chance of getting a... Porsche off my wife for Christmas, than the lines ever being built.
    Is your wife minted then Vern. Any chance she could buy me a new pc
    Yma O Hyd

They need repeat playability. New eye candy only last unti the high is over. I have no idea how anyone who runs this on a regular basis can be entertained. When they advertise an activity creator (or whatever it's called) and all it is start here end here, pick this train, weather, then go choo choo no thanks.

There are very small imporvements with the livery stuff but randomly shoving your creations for no rhyme or reason on passing trains has no bearing on realism or operations.

I can live with the lack of my favorite routes because obviously from my own experience they can't get that right either. With the potential detail (though you'd be surprised how much this is the game engine and not artisty because there is tons of simple textures and repeat assets) routes in theory should take quite a bit of time to create.

I got my money's worth, it was called free. Now I'm bored again looking to other hobbies outside of virtual railroading.

Thanks

Sean

For me a train game without editors, is not a hobby.

It's just a dead end how much money am i going to be stupid enough to throw at it, game. NONE.

At least with TS2021 i can fiddle and change things to my hearts content. Even though i am not very good at it.

No editors, no cigar.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post

I got my money's worth, it was called free. Now I'm bored again looking to other hobbies outside of virtual railroading.

Thanks

Sean
    Ditto here when DTG gave us the "Experiential TSW" to try for free on TS/RW for a while. Well, here we are some 3 years later, on the second version of it and it really hasn't changed one bit other than the "really neat" side games you can play (count the cows!) that make the game the Super Mario Bros of the train simulator world. DTG used the regular simulator guys, us, as genie pigs to a degree. And they must of had the full intension from the start the thing would be a kiddie game cause they sure didn't take into account the complaints about the game they got from us. I said this in another post. All DTG cares about is $$$$$. Rush it the out, the disaster it is, with no true BETA testing, swindle the newbies and the DTG brainwashed, and move on to design the next disaster.

Editors is not everything in my opinion especially with something like Run8 that actually has the ability to have others with you and tons of operations potential. Single player mode with AI is not bad but dispatching your own world to me is just a waste of time.

When you have something that is single player and you can't edit anything but liveries there is a problem. Even if they could some how make each day different with more dynamic operations that would be something.

But I quickly got bored of a slow run that took 2 hours to see a few trains pass me by with no purpose. Run8 is a good game if you have friends or a server you can hack. TSW2 the buzz wears off pretty quickly. Potential is one thing and I have more faith in the Run8 guys who actually care about simulation than I do about these other clowns.

Thanks

Sean

Thanks

Sean