Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Train Life A Railway Simulator.

OK so here is a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3KT9kNu5XE&t=761s

Now I'm curious only because of the freight stuff added into the mix. The question I have now is there some repeat playability with this. I'm not talking play again and get a better scroe crap, but some challenge to this.

So far the freight operations is interesting but too automated. Perhaps the manual option is better but I'd have to see that. I like the radio and contracts. So yeah I'm starting to get curious.

Thanks

Sean

Well I purchased it and will download tomorrow. Hoping I don't have buyer's remorse on this one. Sounds like all the support is over on Discord which I can't stand.

This looks to be inspireds by ETS. The signals are buggy as hell.

But despite all of that they are working and have already done some patches. I'm just not sure how this was released with those kind of bugs even if it's early access.

Again for the price I'm going to put my faith in it and see where it takes me. I'll do some live streams on it later in the week. Most of the ones I've seen so far are people spazing out or others too busy to pay attention while saying hi to all their followers

Thanks

Sean

You couldn't resist it then Sean

I hope you enjoy it buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I hope so too I've got buyer's remorse and it's downloading haha!

From what I can tell from recent release videos it needs tons of work. Being warned that an animal is on your tracks 2 miles away and the deer is sleeping between the rails is pretty stupid. The signals don't make any sense to me but they say they are working on it. The developers do show up on Steam but it appears everyone goes over to Discord.

This really isn't a simulator either but in all honesty when you compare what ATS ETS franchise does it makes sense. I'm not sure what the physics are like but it appears to be a roller coaster in grades. I'm not sure if they are based on actual paths in Germany but apparently the stations are modeled after the real thing. I'm so used to 1:1 in train simulations that having a larger network scaled down is somewhat interesting. But again as long as it's fun, I'll give it a pass. I'm stil looking forward to run this later tonight.

Thanks

Sean

Sean you could always get a refund.

That is what put me off buddy, it is not 1:1 scale.

Good luck with it anyway, may turn out to be very good.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Reviews on Steam seem to indicate it's similar to some of the iPad/Android train games, the Indian ones that seem to be cloned off each other. No real application of physics or railway operations. Maybe it will improve, until then Derail valley and Diesel Railcar are the best alternatives to the big sims.
    Vern.

Actually so far I like it. The Steam reviews appear to be positive from what I can see.

Going live for a bit before I call it the night.

Thanks

Sean

Good Sean, not a waste of money at least buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Well worth the small price. Already purchased my 2nd unit and my 1st employee. Some of the complexities in the system behind the scenes are very interesting. Especially the process flows of cargo into goods etc.

Thanks

Sean

I'm starting to think though not as polished as ATS this is a much more enjoyable game! I've seen comments where this is unplayable and that is simply not true. Updates every Friday and they have a fairly large team from what I can see in the credits.

Last night I demonstrated on my stream what it looks like when you start building your roster and acquire new equipment. I have an engine right now with real good visibility and power as I passed off my old engine to the newst hire who is really good at long distances. The commodities are starting to move and I made it out of the refinery last night with 2 contacts of a total of 4 cars plus the 8 additional wagons for a train of heating oil and gasoline for markets that need it to level up their cities.

Lots of fun and I'm glad I took that look after first thinking this wasn't for me.

Thanks

Sean