Thread: Locomotive Engineer Mike Barnett

Default Locomotive Engineer Mike Barnett

This is something that recently came into my YouTube recommended. I don't know if it's been mentioned before but should give you a glimpse into a now retired locomotive engineer for CSX. He posted most of his videos about 10 months ago but I believe retired over 6 years ago.

A very nice find as I have lots to look forward to watching here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_...o9qnEjQ/videos

Thanks

Sean

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

I don't see the point of these videos; the focus is on the back of his head and what can be seen through the screen is blurred.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well the videos were taken over 7 years ago so I guess the latest camcorder technology could be lagging. It looked fine by me at 720 and I could see enough detail. Watching what he is doing and the various loco types along with the scenery which comes out plenty clear for me is worthy enough of being very unique.

The guy didn't post them until after he retired but kept them to himself which was smart. Years later he releases them to YouTube. I'm very happy he shared them. Lots of enjoyment watching over the shoulder of an engineer and what he sees ahead. Reminds me of some of my cab rides back when I could get them.

Thanks

Sean

Always enjoyed Mikes videos. And, I prefer to see an engineer "working" vs. cameras placed on the dashboard. I can look at scenery on my own. I like to see engineers performing their duties, so Kudo's to Mike!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Yes I've been watching his videos since he first put them out. Thanks for sharing it so others can see!
    Kevin Kelleher

Yeah it's a different perspective and something you rarely see on YouTube.

appreciate the thanks

Sean