Thread: What is TCS Full Service Braking?

Question What is TCS Full Service Braking?

So I spent an hour making an activity for the Western Railways v7 route, and this is the result I got:
    TCS.jpg

My train couldn't even leave the first station, when this appeared. No matter what I do, I can't get the engine started up. Changing to manual signal mode doesn't help. Is this the route's fault? If yes, any simple way I could fix it?

Regards
    Hidetoshi Dekisugi.
    "Creating is more fun than playing."
    Queries, suggestions & feedback: [email protected]
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcq...-dDFeRZkaDto5A

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

You have to remember that OR is a beta,WIP.In my opinion,far too complicated.At least with MSTS I can get the brakes to work correctly and the train to react just as I would expect it to in the real World.Just remember "KISS"

I uninstalled the original OR and installed the OR Ultimate 1.4.1 (with .NET Core). Happens to have the same issue.

When I did a search for TCS in the most recent manual (dated Aug 6, 2021), I got 22 hits

Someone else also experienced the same, although he was able to get his train started, but mine doesn't want to do that:
    http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...rvice-braking/
    I guess I'll submit a bug report.

Stop submitting premature bug reports without adequate diagnosis time beforehand. It is the user's responsibility to test a variety of versions (you did) or a variety of rolling stock (no proof of doing that) or a variety of user settings (no proof of doing that) prior to proclaiming a bug.

Stop relying on 5 year old threads as proof of sympathetic diagnosis. Do you know how much the code has changed in those 5 years? No way in hell their issue then is your issue today.

Learn to read the current manual and provide (100% unedited) log files to help others help you. There are too many moving parts in user settings and options to get an accurate diagnosis without the aid of log files. Failure to do all you can to help yourself is what turns aid away and makes people skip to the next thread topic and move on with their day without assisting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidetoshi6721 View Post
    I uninstalled the original OR and installed the OR Ultimate 1.4.1 (with .NET Core). Happens to have the same issue.
    That screenshot is way too small to make out anything and you're giving virtually no information to work with.

TCS is a system that monitors train operation and can apply emergency braking if needed.

OR Ultimate is not an official version of Open Rails. You best bet is to go to Elvas Tower for support there. Submitting a bug report to Launchpad will not get a response unless you're using one of the three official versions of Open Rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuckoo View Post
    That screenshot is way too small to make out anything and you're giving virtually no information to work with.

TCS is a system that monitors train operation and can apply emergency braking if needed.

OR Ultimate is not an official version of Open Rails. You best bet is to go to Elvas Tower for support there. Submitting a bug report to Launchpad will not get a response unless you're using one of the three official versions of Open Rails.
    I thought I had uploaded a 1366x768 image. Seems like the site compresses it.
    Here's the high res version:https://drive.google.com/file/d/13v7...ew?usp=sharing

It also happens with the official ORTS, BTW , the screenshot was taken from the latest version of the official ORTS, that hasn't been updated for quite a while. That's why I shifted to Ultimate. It's giving much better frame rates as well :O
    I'm assuming there's something I'm missing out, because when I made another act on the same route, the same TCS Full Service Braking occurs. However, if I drive a consist in the Explore Mode, nothing happens. Guess it's a fault with my act.
    Currently, I'm not able to play the route. Sorry for the late reply. Was a bit busy installing updates on my Win10 PC.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Stop submitting premature bug reports without adequate diagnosis time beforehand. It is the user's responsibility to test a variety of versions (you did) or a variety of rolling stock (no proof of doing that) or a variety of user settings (no proof of doing that) prior to proclaiming a bug.

Stop relying on 5 year old threads as proof of sympathetic diagnosis. Do you know how much the code has changed in those 5 years? No way in hell their issue then is your issue today.

Learn to read the current manual and provide (100% unedited) log files to help others help you. There are too many moving parts in user settings and options to get an accurate diagnosis without the aid of log files. Failure to do all you can to help yourself is what turns aid away and makes people skip to the next thread topic and move on with their day without assisting.
    It turns out you were right. Strangely, it was the cabview. When I tested with a different loco, it worked. After digging a bit more, I found the culprit. This surprises me because it is a highly accurate physics based cabview.
    If anyone's interested, here's the zip name: abb_cabview_and_sound_v1.zip

After removing the cab from the loco, it works just as intended.

I did read the manual, but didnt find any interesting things that could sort out my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidetoshi6721 View Post
    ... screenshot was taken from the latest version of the official ORTS, that hasn't been updated for quite a while. That's why I shifted to Ultimate. It's giving much better frame rates as well :O
    All the versions you've mentioned above do not align with the most recent Unstable ( or Testing versions ) as does Monogame. ....could be wrong. I believe, alignment of the versions will occur in the future once the move to Monogame occurs...which is being worked on now. (At Present only the MG versions of OR, and maybe the Ultimate use monogame ).

When you suspect a bug, try the most recent testing versions found here >>> http://openrails.org/download/program/ or here >>> https://james-ross.co.uk/projects/or/builds

Test and document your bug theory with the latest testing version --- the "U" versions. IF you have found something a complete log is necessary, please post that with your screenshots.

Monogame versions of OR can be found here ( Carlo Santucci's code work ) >>> http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php
    Last edited by R. Steele; 08-12-2021 at 01:30 AM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.