Thread: What's the Trick? CrutchField CRR Extra 3014 South Timeline

Default What's the Trick? CrutchField CRR Extra 3014 South Timeline

Don't know how long I have been sitting at this signal. Long enough for the sun to go down and the frogs start chirping, etc.

There is a knife here.

There is also a train stopped on the track adjacent to me, in position to reverse and switch on to my track.
    There is also a string of [cars|trucks] up ahead on my track.

If I were a bett'n man, I would say I'm stopped, waiting for that train to couple that string and get them out of my way.
    But lo, it ain't happening.

Might this have happened to others? Has anyone completed this timeline?
    What would you type in the forum search text box and how would you option the search feature to find out about this condition? ( so as not to bother everybody)

--john

Quote Originally Posted by Rebrecs View Post
    Don't know how long I have been sitting at this signal. Long enough for the sun to go down and the frogs start chirping, etc.

Might this have happened to others? Has anyone completed this timeline?
    What would you type in the forum search text box and how would you option the search feature to find out about this condition? ( so as not to bother everybody)

--john
    FYI on the DT forum there is a stir about this same thing. A developer calmly explains it is because of arriving late. The Sim Engineers then noisily present evidence as to how it is impossible to arrive any earlier. One never knows, but I got the impression the developer was coming around. IMO, it doesn't look great for the product when there are timelines that can not be completed. I think they will fix it eventually. It was not fixed in the HUGE update I got today from DT.

A fix for this issue did not make it into the elephant update last week.
    (so sorry. Its the only one left to complete and it cant be done.)

Guess you won't get the achievement, badge, or whatever other token they give you for completing them all I never got that far and after the eye candy buzz wore off quickly I was just happy I didn't spend a cent on it.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Guess you won't get the achievement, badge, or whatever other token they give you for completing them all I never got that far and after the eye candy buzz wore off quickly I was just happy I didn't spend a cent on it.

Thanks

Sean
    After this recent elephantine update that hosed the User Interface - I believe its time to switch. I was thinking Run 8. Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebrecs View Post
    ....I was thinking Run 8. Comments?
    If you want far more usability and don't mind non-photorealistic graphics, go for it.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

The graphics in TSW are far from perfect even in Ultra.

Run8 you should get plenty of continued entertainment out of. Also the graphics I fine are pretty good. Apparently they're working on another version as well

Thanks

Sean