Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Route, Any Railroad, Any Era. ORTS Edition

Running some coal on Mullan Pass with some SD70Mac's

Thomas Schilling

jonpd,

To be honest, I have been collecting the many objects you see for years. Taken from a multitude of routes and websites over time, these objects are a tribute to the talented creators who've shared their work with the MSTS/OR community across many forums.
    Some of what you see in these shots is Rory's, and the rest is from a plethora of other artists.
    I am grateful to all of them. I just use the stuff. They create it. That is the real talent.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Modified UP Clinton Sub:

Neal your picture details are amazingly so photo realistic!!!!
    Kevin Kelleher

CP D13 pulling track four in Whitehall Yard, to build their train bound for International Paper in Ticonderoga, NY.

https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    ...pulling track four in Whitehall Yard...
    Which route includes Whitehall?

Extra long Surfliner. Nine coaches bookended by two Chargers.
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    Which route includes Whitehall?
    One I have been tinkering off and on with for the past month or so.

When the grade make your well cars inarticulate..... I came back to OpenRails because it has modern cars with current loads. I also learned it had a Dispatch Window for singleplayer. I am checked the brake coupler option thinking I'm experienced enough. I didn't notice the actual brake. The train didn't accelerate. Perhaps if I had the right HUD page pulled up, but I wish coupler force would be on the first page. Still, I like changes that have been made to OpenRails, particularly the Dispatch Window in singleplayer. It may not be new but I only discovered it last week!

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    When the grade make your well cars inarticulate..... I came back to OpenRails because it has modern cars with current loads. I also learned it had a Dispatch Window for singleplayer. I am checked the brake coupler option thinking I'm experienced enough. I didn't notice the actual brake. The train didn't accelerate. Perhaps if I had the right HUD page pulled up, but I wish coupler force would be on the first page. Still, I like changes that have been made to OpenRails, particularly the Dispatch Window in singleplayer. It may not be new but I only discovered it last week!

Having that many running locomotives on the head end of a train is an almost guarantee for a coupler break going up a 2.2% grade like that Typically you'll have no more than 4 units running on the front of a train. If your train is heavy enough to require more than 4 locomotives, then they will put the additional power either on the rear, or the middle of the train, or both. Looks like you're having fun experimenting though!
    ~Sean Kelly~
    MRL Mullan Pass for Open Rails: https://www.trainsimulations.net/mullanpass
    SP Shasta Route for Open Rails: In Development / Tracks 100%, Scenery 75%

Showcasing a little bit of "Tub Mountain Yard" in Whitehall, NY. Still lots of scenery to display. It's a bit of a pain, as most of the time I am over there in the middle of the night. With the help of Google Maps, it's going well.

Pulling Track 4 down, to get some cars for SMS, Irving Tissue, and Glens Falls Cement.

After spending almost an hour getting the cars needed, it's time to run around with the power on Track 7.

Passing by track 8 that is currently empty, and tracks 4, 5, and 6. Four holds majority of CPRS traffic for D13, while track 5 is for Ray Energy Propane on the VRS CLP Sub, and track 6 is for MPM.

Passing along the lead, as 252 didn't run today, the traffic from CLP 264 (VRS) sits, with no set offs either. Will make it tough later, but heard D44 may be coming up later to collect the traffic.

Tied onto track 1, and ready to head south.

Switch is line locked check normal for controlled siding movement, track will be clear, and proceeding south to Fort Edward and the Glens Falls Branch.