Thread: TSW2 Updated

Default TSW2 Updated

Has anyone else done the update to TSW2? There was a noticed to update today when I went to play. A few things I had previously changed are undone. Things like the horn I had replaced on the UP AC4400CW on the Cane Creek Route. The update went back to the default horn. I had also learned to swith locomotive liveries without doing the scenario planner. Now I've got to go figure out how to accomplished those things all over again. It doesn't work the way it use to.

Often the term "update" is anything but!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    Has anyone else done the update to TSW2? There was a noticed to update today when I went to play. A few things I had previously changed are undone. Things like the horn I had replaced on the UP AC4400CW on the Cane Creek Route. The update went back to the default horn. I had also learned to swith locomotive liveries without doing the scenario planner. Now I've got to go figure out how to accomplished those things all over again. It doesn't work the way it use to.
    That's why I don't have the auto updates on Steam turned on. As well all know, DTG updates FUBAR more than they fix!

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    That's why I don't have the auto updates on Steam turned on. As well all know, DTG updates FUBAR more than they fix!
    Rush Hour seems to be getting a lot of flak over on the ATS FB page. In terms of FUBAR, DTG still have a long way to go to beat Asobo/MS and the ongoing debacle that is Flight Simulator.

Never mind, quite happy here playing Snowrunner, weeks in and I still haven’t finished Michigan there is so much to do, let alone Alaska, Taymyr and the DLC areas.
    Vern.

Has anyone else done the update to TSW2? There was a noticed to update today when I went to play. A few things I had previously changed are undone.
    It was a large download.
    They likely just overwrote the whole package. DTG may not yet be sophisticated enough to preserve folders or files they aren't expecting during the install. My engineer profiles were still there. Yay! (I guess)

The only difference I noticed is the way they handle views entering, exiting, and while inside tunnels. Its all different.
    Sorry you lost your horn. Hope you got another one :-)

I'm still on the fence whether to buy the "Season Pass". The Boston route seems to be getting mixed reviews on the Dovetail forums. Looks like a lot of work has gone into the actual route and the surrounding area with the Rush Hour enhancements adding to the hustle and bustle on the platforms. But operationally there seem to be a few glitches, trains ignoring red signals, overly strong brakes etc.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebrecs View Post
    It was a large download.
    They likely just overwrote the whole package. DTG may not yet be sophisticated enough to preserve folders or files they aren't expecting during the install. My engineer profiles were still there. Yay! (I guess)

The only difference I noticed is the way they handle views entering, exiting, and while inside tunnels. Its all different.
    Sorry you lost your horn. Hope you got another one :-)
    Thanks. I thought I followed the correct steps to go back and add it in the same place I added the mod before, but it still has the default horn sound. I have been looking and still can't locate the steps to change locomotive liveries, like using the UP AC4400CW on the Sand Patch Route. On a post in this TSW Forum (https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...andpatch-Route ), I posted how I learned to do that by selecting the Sand Patch Route. Then Explore, then Timtable. Locomotive Filter - select AC4400CW (the CSX livery will appear). At the bottom right click on Q Switch Livery. You will then be given an option to choose AC4400CW UP or AC4400CW UPw.

I can't see how to do that since the update.

Has anyone else done the update to TSW2?
    Yes. I am going to try to remove it. I don't yet know whether Steam has a provision for rolling back to previous version.

This update has introduced problems. Here is what I have seen so far on several Clinchfield Railroad timelines and scenarios.
    1. timing problems in the user interface
    2. on button press from controller pauses action for 500 ms - 1 sec
    3. must repeat the button press
    4. external camera screen freeze
    5. free camera freezes and halts action for up to 10 seconds