Thread: Great pyramid of Khufu suddenly appeared on my route

Default Great pyramid of Khufu suddenly appeared on my route

Creating a new route in TSRE version 7.002. I noticed that there was a void toward the edge of my "world". I tried some things to fill in the void, usually moving over the location and enabling generation of tiles seems to do the trick. However in this case it didn't work but instead left this pyramid shape.

pyramid.jpg

At first I thought it was just one of those anomalies in the terrain which you can get rid of using the flatten tool. However when I approach the pyramid (which I have named Khufu in honor of the great pyramid at Giza in Egypt) it starts to disappear:

pyramid2.jpg

and when I reach where it appears to be, it has totally disappeared.

Not sure what to do about this, other than adding lots of trees to hide it. Fortunately it is some distance from the active part of the route.

Thoughts? Is there something I could edit in the tile files to get rid of it?

Jon

Northern Virginia, United States of America

It's in your distant mountain terrain. Go to Settings>Terrain Editing from the top drop-downs and select "Distant Terrain"

You should then see only your distant terrain and should be able to flatten that as you would anything else. Just be sure to set the teerain editing back to "Detailed Terrain" when done.

That worked! Thanks.

Jon