Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Route Riter issue

Default Route Riter issue

Hi, I had to reinstall Route Riter 7.6.26 and cannot get it to point to my MSTS install. Get a runtime 380 error and this screen pointing to the Route Riter folder. (see attached) Thanks in advance.
    RRstartup.jpg
    Last edited by jiggywatt; 08-22-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Hi,
    Sorry, mate, but your screenshot is too small to decipher!!

However, this was included in Mike's original site, and may help :
    I receive Error 380 when Route_Riter starts or when running TsUtils:'This has been connected to problems with the Java installation. Users have found that downloading the latest version from Java Manual Downloads for All Operating Sytems. Make sure you download the 'Manual Download' version because Windows XP SP2 has been found to block installation of the automatic version.
    I think you can ignore the reference to XP, BUT I have always used the Manual Download option.

Cheers,
    Ged

Sorry about the small pic. I don't know how to make it larger. I'll try to manually download the program. Thanks!!!

Hi,
    If you've re-installed Route_Riter or Java, please don't forget to create a folder called classes in the main Java folder (it will appear between folders bin and lib) and copy the contents of Route_Riter's sub-folder TSUtils into it.

Cheers,
    Ged

I could not get RouteRiter to work until I installed MSTS.
    I think it checks the registry for the MSTS install location and also train.exe.

Had a lot of fun with this one,
    Randy

Hi Randy,
    While it's quite correct that Route_Riter does check the Registry for the location of the default MSTS installation, it may be pointed to any other installation using the Files > MSTS Path option. It doesn't need any Registry entry to run, BUT any selected installation MUST contain a file named train.exe in its root folder, although it doesn't have to be a genuine train.exe file.

Cheers,
    Ged

Exclamation Dummy Train.exe to enable RouteRiter running

"..........snip...........MUST contain a file named train.exe in its root folder, although it doesn't have to be a genuine train.exe file."
    How to do that? Create a new TEXT file on your desktop.( right click on desktop, select new text file from the menu)
    Then Re-Name the new text file TRAIN.EXE
    Now move the file to where it's needed.

That's it.

I did exactly this for the release of the PRR-East V2 I released 'bout a year ago just so folks could run the RouteRiter Check Route test.
    Works like a charm!

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi,
    If you've re-installed Route_Riter or Java, please don't forget to create a folder called classes in the main Java folder (it will appear between folders bin and lib) and copy the contents of Route_Riter's sub-folder TSUtils into it.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Hi, I have all the java folders as described and still have the 380 error when I start RR. The 7.8 version works, but has several errors when I check known working activities. I stay away from that one. I'll keep trying to figure this one out. Thanks to everyone for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,
    If you have done everything you said, the classes folder should have 110 files in it (and no folders).
    Sorry, but I'm scraping the barrel here - have you set Route_Riter.exe to "Run this program as an administrator", from its Properties > Compatibility tab?

If that screenshot is what appears as soon as you start Route_Riter, I suggest you don't have MSTS properly installed (ie there's no Registry entry) so R_R doesn't know where to look for an MSTS installation. If so, you must tell it, using the left panel (as shown in your screenshot) and navigate to a valid MSTS root folder (ie Train Simulator, or equivalent). Once there, use the 'Files' tab (top left) > MSTS Path and press the 'Select' button. You should now be able to use Route_Riter to check that installation.

Cheers,
    Ged

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I have found a quirk with RR;With some routes where I have installed a Kosmos environment RR states that the route does not have a trk file so it cannot check the route.Would it be OK to make one from the Kosmotrk file which appears to be produced when Kosmos enviroment(s) are installed ?