Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Pass textures/terrtex

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Default Rogers Pass textures/terrtex

Does anyone else find the ground textures in Rogers Pass annoying? What I mean is those patches of what appears to be bright green which do not blend in at their edge,I have tried the upgrade by Mike Sinclair from the F/L but to my eyes it just makes everywhere a colour which is still too light.I have also tried tracking down which ace file is responsible,but unable to find it.
    I know some will find this difficult to understand,but I prefer the way KHP looks.
    Can anyone help ?

I feel the same. It would be nice if the whole route can get upgraded to the level of detail of some modern day lines. In real life, it is truly a scenic route.

Quote Originally Posted by csx8851 View Post
    I feel the same. It would be nice if the whole route can get upgraded to the level of detail of some modern day lines. In real life, it is truly a scenic route.
    Yup...right you are...after seeing the new TrainSimulations Mullan Route ( OR only )...the possibilities are tantalizing.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

No one is going to update the route;I have mentioned this with a few UK routes produced by a certain provider (or should I say butchered?-just my opinion so we will never get a decent version of the route).I like the MLT routes,remembering how early they appeared,pity about the default track (I do not know why any route builder used it after the introduction of UK Finescale and 3D Trains finescale,both freely available.
    I was just hoping someone could help to make look more like KHP or even the KHP demo for instance where the terrain blends into itself,rather than having sharp demarcation lines where two totally different textures meet.Just being picky you could say;I just wish i had the skill to sort it myself.I just cannot find the texture or terrtex that causes it !

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    ...What I mean is those patches of what appears to be bright green which do not blend in at their edge,I have tried the upgrade by Mike Sinclair from the F/L but to my eyes it just makes everywhere a colour which is still too light....
    I know this is an MSTS thread, but I only run OR ... are the textures in any of these screenshots?

bandicam 2021-08-24 22-05-56-840.jpg bandicam 2021-08-24 22-06-21-430.jpg

bandicam 2021-08-24 22-20-22-926.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

In the first one look at the left bank of the river,again on the right bank (same place) on the right.If e.g you drive from Revelstoke to Downie there are numerous spots.

Huh? In Gerry's first screen, on the left bank of the river, thats the OR dynamic shadow based on the angle of the sun.

Shadows are dark,what I am talking about is bright,light green/yellowish !

Quote Originally Posted by csx8851 View Post
    I agree with you, there is plenty of nice routes out there that would be nice to receive some ''new refresh'', and knowing that there is new Routes coming on the future (Shasta Route and Blue Mountains) MSTS and OR will live long. Despite the new TS (DTG) games with better grapichs and etc, but this doesn't make a game better than the other. I still prefer our MSTS/OR.

As far as some payware providers are concerned,MSTS is dead.They are merely turning away business.I do not use OR because my MSTS installation does everything I want;controls are simple,the brakes work as they should and trains roll as they should,I get the acts to work and the AI traffic behaving as it should.
    Still cannot track down where the bright green comes from !