Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piggyback to Macon

Default Piggyback to Macon

i need some help with an activity.

i leave the intermodel yard at 9:03am on the activity and arrive at the red signal 9:30am and i sit there for an hour and a half and no train show up. it's suppose to take 2 hr and 45 mins to get to macon on the activity. any help from anyone. please tell me what to do and or should i delete this activity.

Jdark34

What route?
    Cheers
    Derek

NS Atlanta and Macon Route

Are you running under MSTS or Open Rails? Some activities designed for MSTS don't always work the same under OR.

Jon

Open Rails

What I find helpful when running with OR is to open the dispatcher window and see what AI traffic is running and where it is when you get the red. You might be able to manually work around the problem or see where there are conflicts and adjust the activity accordingly. I had some issues running activities on Surfliner 2 and had to adjust the passenger schedules and/or change the departure times of freights to get it all to play nicely.

Jon

how do i open the dispatcher window and see what AI traffic coming Jon? can you show me how to do that.

The answer is in a book. Page 58-59ish

Is the red signal that will not change happening just past the Mars Factory where the line goes from single track to double track? I ask because I had made a couple activities for that route a couple years ago. They were local jobs and had no AI and I was getting a red signal there. After some digging I discovered there were two phantom signals in that location, one on each track. If you use Goku`s route editor go to the part of the forum here for his RE and search for Phantom Signals.
    Mark

i look up phantom signals on here and i will find my answer.