Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piggyback to Macon

All I can really say is that is an older route and an activity written for MSTS. They tend to work differently in Open Rails.

All signals are clearing for me, don't know specifically what the signal trouble is, but sometimes it is helpful to have copies of your sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files in an "OpenRails" folder in your route. Make an OpenRails folder in your Macon&Atlanta route folder, place copies of the two files in that folder.

See Screenshots >> bandicam 2021-08-26 23-18-59-188.jpg

inside OpenRails folder >>bandicam 2021-08-26 23-09-14-674.jpg

crimsonfloyd is right on about some MSTS activities working different in OR, also if the two sig dat files are placed in an OpenRails folder, OR "reads" them differently...if that makes any sense to you.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 08-27-2021 at 03:25 AM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Jdark34, one more thing ( see screenshot ) the "SignalNumClearAhead" number in the sigcfg.dat file should be 4 or greater than 4. Four usually works just fine, under four and you may have problems in OR.

bandicam 2021-08-27 11-01-47-000.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

hey R. Steele i did what you said. the number is on 4 should i make it higher around 5 or 6 and did make an openrails folder and put those 2 files in it.

Jdark34

i think i will set the number to 5 and see if that will take care of the signals

Jdark34

Quote Originally Posted by Jdark34 View Post
    i think i will set the number to 5 and see if that will take care of the signals

Jdark34
    ... that's okay it should not matter. But...

I found another problem with AI Northbound empty lumber. The path starting is immediately before a phantom signal ( at least it appears as such to me ... a two signal symbols in the same location in the trackviewer ) ... rather than try to remove the phantom signal I started the path after the phantom signal.
    Result: the AI train starts and runs correctly...with the old path it started and immediately stopped and never moved. New path is in the zip file...backup old path ( or delete it if you have the original activities zip file >>> v3pigbac.zip ) and put new path in its place.

Northbound empty lumber1.zip
    Cheers, Gerry

i wrote over the path file will that hurt it or should i install the activity again R. Steele.

Jdark34

Gerry meant you to overwrite the file.
    Cheers
    Derek

i copy it and it replace the file with this one that R. Steele gave me.

When the player train train arrives at the phantom signal, approx, 1 mile south of M&M Co. siding, switch to manual mode --- Ctrl+M ---and press "tab" ( clears forward signal ) so player train can pass the signal. You can either stop the player train and do this, or switch to manual mode while moving.

bandicam 2021-08-28 14-37-36-407.jpg <<< signal should appear like this in track monitor after pressing "tab" on keyboard

At the next red signal, stop and wait for AI hopper traffic, AI train will take other track and signal will change to green when AI traffic clears.
    bandicam 2021-08-28 14-50-54-379.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry