Thread: making an ace file

Default making an ace file

I want to make an ace file from a texture,ie water top and watermid as an experment to replace them in a route.
    I hope that this is the write place to ask
    John

There is a utility called Aceit that does this. You start with a .bmp file which you can generate using MS Paint or other drawing program. (Unless your texture has an alpha channel (transparency) then you would generate a .tga file). Then run Aceit. Enter as the input the .bmp file you created then enter where the output will go (usually your routes texture folder) then select AceIt!

The utiliity may be downloaded from here: https://www.railserve.com/Computers/MSTS/Utilities/

Hope this helps

Jon

Thank You jonpd
    I forgot all about Aceit and all the rest of your advice, I did this same thing years ago on this same Route, funny how time fly's.

I've been there. Was active in route editing back in 2009 then life intervened and I got away from it for 10 years, now coming back to it and having to relearn the tools all over again.

Jon

Hi Jon,

If you place a shortcut to AceIt on your desktop then all you need do is Drag/Drop any graphic file to the shortcut and a new Ace file will be created on your desktop.

regards
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

will do I did not know it was that easy I do know it works as promised

Thanks Vince. I do that with shape viewer to view shapes but hadn't realized you could create ace files that way.

Jon

It works for solid ace files.
    If there is a transparency involved you will have to use the AceIt app to choose the type of alpha you need.
    Pretty self explanatory once you get started.