Thread: Signals show as Red but track monitor and in cab display show green

Default Signals show as Red but track monitor and in cab display show green

The signals in question are 2 head absolute signals Type G (separate lights on a circular background) from the set by Hank Sundemeyer from the file library (clvsignr.zip)

The signal shows green in the track monitor and in the locomotive's cab signal display but the actual signal shows red on both heads. It can be passed without triggering a penalty application. So the signal appears green / clear as far as the logic is concerned but the display is red.

The signal in question is linked to a diverging crossover. I tried deleting and relinking the signal with no effect. I suspect if it was a linking problem the signal would show red in the track monitor as well. I have had that happen before. Ditto if the signal was installed backwards - I have done that too.

The 2 headed permissive signals from the set work fine.

I have been through the sigcfg and sigscr files and can't find anything obviously wrong. They are basically unmodified from what was in the download. I also tried copying them to a openrails folder in the route, that had no effect. I was running Open Rails NY Monogame version 99.1

Uodate: I just tried the stable release version 1.3.1.4328 and the signal works correctly there. So could this be a bug in the Monogame version?

Jon

If the signal is showing red on the shape, but clear on the track monitor, something went wrong with whatever is setting the draw states. Some sets, mine included, have separated the NORMAL-type signal, which actually controls the player's movements), and the signal types that show lights on the shape, but on Hank's old signals, they're one in the same. That vanilla OR and MG OR show different things says 'bug' to me

Can you:
    1) attach Openrailslog.txt file
    2) attach sigscr.dat and sigcfg.dat file?
    3) point to the signal name that doesn't behave correctly?

Here they are:OpenRailsLog.zip
    sigcfg.zip
    sigscr.zip

The absolute signals have the problem - CLR2abs and CLR3abs are the ones I have used. Permissive signals work as expected.

I could reproduce the problem on a test route. Very strange, because the script file is very simple. I'll investigate a bit, but I'm not sure I will be able to solve it.

I used to occasionally experience this when resuming after a save but haven't seen the problem for a while now. I use the latest MG version.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Well, that was one: in line 7 of sigscr.dat, which is a comment line, there is a star (*). Add a slash (/) after the star and it will work.
    I think the syntax of the original file is not correct. In fact e.g. in the sigscr.dat of the DAR route there is the star at the end of the sigscr.dat heading, but it is followed by a slash (which is needed to close the commented part).

Adding the "/" seems to have fixed the problem. Mille Grazie!

Jon