Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Signals show as Red but track monitor and in cab display show green

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lubec ME USA
    Posts
    506

    Default Signals show as Red but track monitor and in cab display show green

    The signals in question are 2 head absolute signals Type G (separate lights on a circular background) from the set by Hank Sundemeyer from the file library (clvsignr.zip)

    The signal shows green in the track monitor and in the locomotive's cab signal display but the actual signal shows red on both heads. It can be passed without triggering a penalty application. So the signal appears green / clear as far as the logic is concerned but the display is red.

    The signal in question is linked to a diverging crossover. I tried deleting and relinking the signal with no effect. I suspect if it was a linking problem the signal would show red in the track monitor as well. I have had that happen before. Ditto if the signal was installed backwards - I have done that too.

    The 2 headed permissive signals from the set work fine.

    I have been through the sigcfg and sigscr files and can't find anything obviously wrong. They are basically unmodified from what was in the download. I also tried copying them to a openrails folder in the route, that had no effect. I was running Open Rails NY Monogame version 99.1

    Uodate: I just tried the stable release version 1.3.1.4328 and the signal works correctly there. So could this be a bug in the Monogame version?

    Jon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    If the signal is showing red on the shape, but clear on the track monitor, something went wrong with whatever is setting the draw states. Some sets, mine included, have separated the NORMAL-type signal, which actually controls the player's movements), and the signal types that show lights on the shape, but on Hank's old signals, they're one in the same. That vanilla OR and MG OR show different things says 'bug' to me

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Can you:
    1) attach Openrailslog.txt file
    2) attach sigscr.dat and sigcfg.dat file?
    3) point to the signal name that doesn't behave correctly?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lubec ME USA
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Here they are:OpenRailsLog.zip
    sigcfg.zip
    sigscr.zip

    The absolute signals have the problem - CLR2abs and CLR3abs are the ones I have used. Permissive signals work as expected.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    866

    Default

    I could reproduce the problem on a test route. Very strange, because the script file is very simple. I'll investigate a bit, but I'm not sure I will be able to solve it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    UK.
    Posts
    732

    Default

    I used to occasionally experience this when resuming after a save but haven't seen the problem for a while now. I use the latest MG version.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Well, that was one: in line 7 of sigscr.dat, which is a comment line, there is a star (*). Add a slash (/) after the star and it will work.
    I think the syntax of the original file is not correct. In fact e.g. in the sigscr.dat of the DAR route there is the star at the end of the sigscr.dat heading, but it is followed by a slash (which is needed to close the commented part).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lubec ME USA
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Adding the "/" seems to have fixed the problem. Mille Grazie!

    Jon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->