Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CSX Activities on PRR V2

Default New CSX Activities on PRR V2

Hello all, hope everyone is well and back to somewhat normal.

Question today is about the new activity for CSX on the PRR V2. Part 1 does NOT LOAD, all I get with Open Rails is "Load Error" and "Missing - Unknown" for the other boxes. Because it does not load there is no log file.

Part 2 and Part 3 work just fine, load up and function. The very first one on the NJC also worked fine.

This part 1 on the PRR has me baffled, as to why parts 2 & 3 work fine, same consists, basically and same RR. Any suggestions? I have ran RR and it does not pick up on anything in error. ACTMan picks up some of the errors, but does not explain them well.

I am running open rails Version = T1.3.1-1920-g1c4a84dbc / Build = 0.0.7909.33215 (2021-08-27 18:27:10Z)

Hi Don,

The only difference consists in that activity will be the Septa & NJT trains. I checked the list against what was used and I think I forgot to add NJT_multis.zip. on the list. That may give you the Load Error.

Thanks
    Chuck

Hi Don,
    I try to make any messages as explanatory as possible so I apologise if I've not achieved that with MSTS_ActMan, but a lot depends on the nature of the error!

As far as I can see, there are two errors with Part 1 -
    1. The folder is named 'Service' when it should be 'Services'
    2. There doesn't appear to be a service named CSX Q031 (ie Player service).

Cheers,
    Ged

The service appears to be "csx q-031 - part 1.srv"
    Cheers
    Derek

I just sent a fix to be uploaded. It should fix both errors. The CSX Q-031 - Part 1.srv is the incorrect player service. It should have been CSX Q031.srv. When I was creating the activity, I changed the first part 4 tiimes before I decided on the released version and never deleted the service. Sorry for any mixup

Thanks
    Chuck

Yes, then it isn't just me or something I did. Thank you all for responding.
    I imagine it is easy to forget to change something or delete something upon release, I am not talented enough to do this.
    Thanks again.
    Don

I get this error when I try to run part 2...

Missing Service

Missing Service CSX_ D-732_ Local1.srv in CSX Q-031 - Part 2.act

I did not get any errors in Part 2 or 3. Part 1 is now working a treat! That update worked.

I had to add my rolling stock and make up some of the Consists with what I have on hand. That is a "Local Manifest Freight". No money to buy more sets.
    I use TSRE Consist Builder and using Act-Man to assist to get the Required Consist Names. Easy and quick results.

The "Fix" works great! Thank you Chuck.

Hi Jiggywatt,
    No such service is used in Part 2!!
    The actual service name is : CSX_ D-732_ Local .srv
    Note there is a single space between CSX_ and D-732, between D-732 and Local and between Local and .srv

Cheers,
    Ged

EDIT : Ah! Since you've removed your post, I assume you have discovered your error