Thread: CPL Signal Trouble

Default CPL Signal Trouble

Hello guys. I am having some trouble with the signals on the PRR East Region Version 2 Route and the NEC 4.0 route. Some of the signals will not light up green. The Signals on Gantries are ok but the signals on the ground are all dark(black). The Red works and I think the Yellow works but the Green lights do not work and I wonder if there is an easy fix for that. The signals are CPL Type Signals. The one that usually helps me on any problems I have has either passed away 2 years ago or he does not have a computer anymore. I would appreciate some help in fixing the problem. You you all want a screenshot of the issue, just let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Are you running it under classic MSTS or Open Rails?

If Open Rails, attach the log file.

Jon

I am running Open Rails. Does that have anything to do with it? I just tried to attach the Log File and it is too big.

Put it in a .zip file and attach that

Here is the Log File from yesterday.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So, from what I can see, you have the PRR v2 installed in an MSTS installation.
    I'm pretty sure it needs to be installed as a stand alone route. A mini route.
    From the ReadMe, "!!!!! DO NOT INSTALL THIS INTO AN EXISTING Microsoft Train Simulator installation. DO NOT!!!!!".
    That's where I'd start.

I never did Mini Routes. Open Rails is installed in its own folder and I run Open Rails. Is there a way to fix the signals in its current location? The Routes and Trainsets are installed in a MSTS installation but I have never run ORTS any other way. The only problems in the activities that I have ever had that I can not fix are the Signals. The CPL and the Semaphore Signals on Bob Wirth's ATSF routes. On the ATSF routes, it is the arm itself. On some of them, the green and red lights will not light up. The arm will not go up and down on the Semaphore Signals with the Yellow arms.

The thing is that when Vince redid the PRR into the PRR_v2 it did a lot of things to the global folder to get things to work.
    The PRR_v2 needs it's own Global folder to work correctly. That's the reason for the mini route.
    If you overwrote your original MSTS Global with the contents of the one that came with the PRR_v2 then you've probably hosed it for everything else that uses that folder.
    Good luck with that.

What if I copied the Global Folder from the main MSTS installation into the PRR East Region Version 2 folder? Would that fix the signal problem? When I installed the route, I never did notice if there was a Global Folder in the Route folder for the PRR East Region 2 route or I thought the Global Folder goes into the main Global Folder.