Thread: Bala sub GO F59 numbers

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Default Bala sub GO F59 numbers

The only loco supplied in the above is #523.The real number series is 557-564.Is there a clever person out there who could help with the correct numbers ?

Hi Peter,
    I don't pretend to know anything about North American/Canadian locos, but this photo is on :
    https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/GO_Transit_520-568

Or have I got something wrong??

Cheers,
    Ged
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slipperman; 09-03-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Thank you Ged,obviously the information that I read on the site I look at for US and Canadian loco rosters is wrong.Bizarre !
    BTW has anyone managed to get this loco to display the dynamic brake position in a"pop up" box (like the throttle opening or bell or horn) whenapplying it without getting the "buzz" sound ?
    I have managed it with every other loco which as supplied does not make that display work but this one is beating me !

Hi Peter,
    The F59PH 523 cabview doesn't have any dynamic brake control or graphics - where should the handle be? . Also, the .eng file doesn't have any positions for the Dynamic Brake.

Are you saying that you've added these and it still doesn't display/work?

Cheers,
    Ged

I have the cv file in front of me,the combined power/dynamic brake handle is power.ace with enough images for both power throttle and dynamic brake positions.and one would imagine that this modern loco would have dynamic brakes.
    The problem is that in the original cvf file,there is an entry for a throttle where,in my view it should be a "CP handle combined control".Long story short,I inserted the latter control statement from the MLT dash 9 cabview and lo and behold we do get dynamic brakes with the "popup" box but I cannot get it to apply without that annoying "buzz".
    I have had this problem before but of course cannot remember how I fixed it.Youhave of course to add the control to the list of engine controls in the eng file.
    This is a puzzling loco altogether because it specifies air brake twin pipe rather than single pipe and although that may be prototypical,but in MSTS I believe only the single pipe works correctly (See the Rudolf Richter essay over at Steam4Me),and there are some strange things going on with it.
    I will fix it,not many things in MSTS re enf and wag files have beaten me !

Hi Peter,
    Silly question!! If you've got it working to your satisfaction, why don't you just delete the control_error_buzz.wav file from the global SOUND folder?

Caveat : I don't know what other effects this action may have, so I take no responsibility for it!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    The only loco supplied in the above is #523.The real number series is 557-564.Is there a clever person out there who could help with the correct numbers ?
    GO Transit 523 is now Metra 94
    Kevin Kelleher

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Peter,
    Silly question!! If you've got it working to your satisfaction, why don't you just delete the control_error_buzz.wav file from the global SOUND folder?

Caveat : I don't know what other effects this action may have, so I take no responsibility for it!!

Cheers,
    Ged
    You're best off renaming a silent sound file to control_error_buzz. Alternatively, you could have some fun and use something silly, like the coconut sound effect, as I did

GO has sold off their older F59's since the early 2000's. 557 is the bottom of the current roster, but the series started with 520 when they were first delivered.

I know TRE received a few, but NCDOT and Metrolink bought a bunch of those early models from GO.