Thread: sms_Checker

Default sms_Checker

Hi All,
    I thank Ashraf Ahmed Khan for the accolade - it's much appreciated - but the thread title wasn't very helpful towards indicating its content. Sorry, mate, but I thought it better to start a new thread.

sms_Checker v2.5 will be available from the library, as soon as it's been approved.

Reasons for this release
    1. Fixed a bug in the common* folder checking routine which caused the message : .sms file ignored due to its location even though everything was legitimate.
    2. Some routes (mainly North American) use a folder named 'alias' to contain .sms files. Some of those 'alias' folders are only used for 'holding' the .sms files for subsequent copying into .eng/.wag files, while for others the .sms files are used directly from that folder. Previous versions of sms_Checker ignored these folders. giving the above message. Running v2.5 in its default condition results in these folders being reported as .sms file in 'alias' folder ignored. A check box is provided to enable 'alias' folders to be included in all validations. Full instructions are included in the revised readme.

As always, please report any bugs, difficulties or suggestions here, or by PM.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi All,
    sms_Checker v3.0 has been uploaded to the library and should be available for download within a couple of days.

The basic program remains unchanged but with the additional option of being able to check for (or correct, where appropriate) specific types of error only.
    Minor cosmetic changes have been made to accommodate the new facility.

Also, a minor bug concerning the validity of 'common.*' folders has (hopefully!) been fixed.

As usual, please let me know of any problems and/or suggestions for improvements/enhancements.

Cheers,
    Ged