Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dale's Sisku Route

Since I started this thread I guess I'm entitled to add my $0.02. I have never ever said a bad word about Dale or his work. Just the opposite, in fact. I've e-mailed him more than once complimenting him and wishing him success. I guess I just feel it was a bit rude of him to suddenly close up shop without notifying those of us who more or less thought we were friends. I'd hate to think he abandon me just because I don't have the skills to do route building (nor the desire to learn!) Oh well, there's plenty of other route out there.
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, MI
    (CSX Country)

Has anyone emailed Dale to inquire about getting a current copy? The domain is parked, but not expired.

I was able to download through the wayback machine. Installing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by phydeaux View Post
    Since I started this thread I guess I'm entitled to add my $0.02. I have never ever said a bad word about Dale or his work. Just the opposite, in fact. I've e-mailed him more than once complimenting him and wishing him success. I guess I just feel it was a bit rude of him to suddenly close up shop without notifying those of us who more or less thought we were friends. I'd hate to think he abandon me just because I don't have the skills to do route building (nor the desire to learn!) Oh well, there's plenty of other route out there.
    I would have let this forum know sooner but got in trouble the last time on announcing the site was closed on Elvas Tower. I basically got told it was Dale's route and his responsibility to make that announcement, not mine.

As it should be.

Whatever the reasons it seems only Dale knows why. Shall we let it go at that?
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

It is a shame to lose such a fine route. However, I agree with all those that said they basically do routes for their own pleasure. So do I. I have put a few routes that I have little interest in completing, in the "incomplete routes" category so that if anyone has an interest they can grab those an do their own thing. I do not have the skills to create my own custom objects except for bridges & viaducts as well as line side signs. When I release a route it is often because someone politely asked me to create it, or it is one that I had a interest in. I originally did the Milwaukee Road routes because I used to ride that line to my relatives home in Iowa & I was curious about the Pacific Extension for which I have numerous books. Then Lukas in Switzerland took my initial offerings, combined them, and super-detailed them, which is great, I could wish others would do the same. Now those combined routes appear to still be popular. So Dale, if you read this, I am sorry to see you go away and I remember how you pushed to continue, even after the loss of your home to fire. I hope that has not happened again as a result of those wild fires in Oregon.

Remember also that none of us are getting any younger. One of our number, a few years back, knowing he had but a few weeks to live, sent his
    routes to Andre, who then sent me the Colorado Mega-route which I completed to another level. My son-in-law has instructions to put all of my
    routes in progress into the "incomplete" category should I get my last Form A & Running Orders. I'm 82, health is great, I just got back fro my 2
    weeks as a docent at the C&TSRR, but who among us knows his future?? I am considering adding the San Luis Valley line to Alamosa to the Colorado
    Mega Route, but a 52 mile tangent, in narrow gauge, that is a bit daunting.
    Last edited by landnrailroader; 09-28-2021 at 08:08 AM.