Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indian Route NCR v1

I'm still using both WinXP and Win8. I fear what surprises are in store with Win11 if I ever get around to installing it some day.
    Might have to leave MSTS and Open Rails for whichever sim runs most realistically and looks best in the new op system.
    Hopefully, OR will "maintain an even strain" and still be usable...I know MSTS won't.
    I believe, though I'm not positive, that MT went out of business after their site was hacked. Seems I read that somewhere.
    I run their Enterprise, Great(er) Eastern, LSE, SCE, and Evesham routes and wish they had stuck around to create further masterpieces. There are a lot of excellent freeware UK routes over at UKTrainSim as well.

Phil

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

geepster775 wrote

"Top flight vendors from back in the day who customized their routes around MSTS limitations so well that the same material cannot easily bridge between MSTS and OR today, that is"

Hi

I have a lot of freeware and payware routes and have tested them all in OR without any problems.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Thanks guys for your help this past weekend.

Have route together and working on setting up one of the activities.

Only thing is I notice a big problem in the area approaching KANPUR CENTRAL station. Does anyone know WHAT those yellow objects across and between the tracks are supposed to be??? or don't they belong in there to begin with???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

I don't have the route installed but certainly looks like a graphics glitch to me. I don't think that's supposed to be there.

Phil

Could it be a route building tool? Looks like some kind of gauge to me

Default Indian Route NCR v1

OK...mystery somewhat at least known, if not solved yet.

I opened the route in TSRE-5 and discovered the yellow "thingies" are some type of distance (mile??) marker, scale or gauge.

They are lettered, 0, 250, 500, 750 etc..............so far they only are seen in the area of KANPUR CENTRAL where the branch lines start and then merge into the station.

Of course, I DO NOT KNOW how to get rid of them.as standard method of "Select object & Delete" has usually wiped out a section of track or some scenery object on me when I try......YES, I know, this is NOT the situation when you hit "save" everything.

Any help from route builders would be appreciated on how to "deal with it"...besides have a beer. Thank you for assistance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Figure out what the shape is called, then find those entries in the .w file, and delete them

Route-Riter has a tool that can remove all incidences of a shape from all .w files.
    If you know the name of the shape, that tool can make it go away for good.