Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Route NCR v1

Default Indian Route NCR v1

Greetings:

Hope I didn't upset anyone's dinner right now...BUT

Can anyone tell what is with Lucknow - Kanpur Route (NCRV1_a.zip Route) by Yatendra Singh.

The download file page says part 1 of 3???? BUT WHERE ARE parts 2 & 3??? Will it be added to the file library (though looks unlikely, since that was Sept 10th) ???

Or do you have to gain some kind of "secret access" to a corrupt virus ridden Indian website and take chances it does not infect your computer like one person's program did this way?????

Thanks for help any clue to this route
    Last edited by bootednancy; 09-11-2021 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Hi Doug,
    The readme seems to imply it's a Demo version with more to come!

There are a couple of gmail addresses from which you could, no doubt, obtain more information

Mind you, I don't see how it can work because there's no TEXTURES folder! Route_Riter can copy some but there are still a large number missing. Also, I assume it needs something like XTracks and New Roads, but the installation instructions are sadly lacking!!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 09-11-2021 at 05:48 PM.

There's a YouTube site that tells you how to download and install the NCR V1 route from a Google Drive.
    It's at... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7PfYCsmOZI

Phil

Hi Phil,
    Is that video a joke?!
    It's only of any use if one has the Google Drive link but there's no indication how to obtain it!! Maybe it's necessary to contact one of the email addresses, but how does anyone know that??

Cheers,
    Ged

You have to click on the "show more" link under the video which then shows the route download link, and that takes you to his Google Drive which shows all of the NCR v1 files, shapes and textures available to download...6 files in all plus a txt file it looks like.
    Haven't tried it as yet so I don't know if it's kosher.

Phil

Thanks to you Ged and phlyerxx.............it is NEVER easy with the Indian Routes and Activities / Rolling Stock. It is ALWAYS and obscure hunt to get what is needed compared to most all other routes which are plainly laid out in the download.

True, the video is a waste of time, telling how to install something we already know. There are no links in it or the "read Me" in the Train-Sim" download that tells you anything.

Following the suggestion to look under the "Show More" does finally give up the links to a cloud file where you can get the 6 route parts plus PATH and ACTIVITY files. I just finished the downloads, so I don't know if I have anything usable or corrupted.....so since it is late, that is a tomorrow project to see if I can get this up and going.

Not sure what purpose the download NCRV1_a.zip from this website serves since you get a similar file from the link to the storage cloud.

Still think though for my free money, European and British Rail Routes are THE BEST constructed, working and easy to obtain

Thanks for all your help once again
    Doug

Hi,
    @Phil : Thanks
    @Doug : The route appears to run OK in MSTS but only after adding XTracks and New Roads! Also, paths New Path and New Activity4 are invalid and should be replaced by the separately downloaded paths.

Cheers,
    Ged

I have several Indian routes; Northeast Frontier, IndRail, Andhra Valley and others. They are very well constructed and fun to run on. I also like the colorful Indian stock.
    I have a lot of both freeware and payware UK routes including all of the Making Tracks routes. Sorry to see MT is long gone now.
    Their routes are some of the best ever built IMHO.
    I'll have to give NCR a try soon.

Phil

Thanks for the further assistance.

True phlyerxx.............I have a few Indian rail routes that are good pieces of work (Mumbai 2015 & up, INDRAIL v2, Western Railway v7) ....just sometimes the "horror stories" overwhelm.

Thanks Ged.........will tackle opening my downloads....but Indian Train Simers should be "used car salesmen"...........they don't tell you about the "Hidden Extras"...........but all my sub-installs all have X-Tracks & NewRoads4 as an automatic add-on........so all I have to do is segregate the routes these files can't be used on.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by phlyerxx View Post
    I have a lot of both freeware and payware UK routes including all of the Making Tracks routes. Sorry to see MT is long gone now. Their routes are some of the best ever built IMHO.

Phil

I hear that's a common problem. Top flight vendors from back in the day who customized their routes around MSTS limitations so well that the same material cannot easily bridge between MSTS and OR today, that is. When Win 11 refuses to install MSTS someday because it has already left so much pre-2018 hardware and software behind, who would have been their user base anyway?